NEW AND NEED ADVICE!

Options
I am not extremely overweight but recently gained about 30 pounds. The last 15 pounds doubled the size of my arms and shoulders which makes me look twice as big! I have started dieting and lost 20 pounds but my arms have not lost much of the weight. I run at least twice a week and do push ups to build muscles but I am really concerned that they are not going to return to their normal size. I am trying to lose about 20 more pounds which will put me at 125. It is going to be hard but I am determined. Any suggestions on how to get good results on my arms? Or any advice on how to lose the last 20 pounds. The first 15 came off easily and now I am having trouble. I eat about 900-1200 calories a day and am fairly active walking around work and walking to class. I have no set diet, I just count calories. If anyone knows of any lists of common healthy foods/snacks that would be really helpful. So overall I need advice with:

--Losing weight in my arms
-- A good workout routine for someone who is VERY out of shape
--Dieting tips/healthy meal and snack suggestions
--Any advice on how to lose the "harder weight"

THANKS SO MUCH IF ANYONE CAN HELP, I AM VERY MOTIVATED BUT BEGINNING TO GET DISCOURAGED AS MY RESULTS HAVE SLOWED SIGNIFICANTLY

Replies

• Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You can tone your arms and make them look sleeker, but your body is going to lose fat in its own places at its own times unfortunately. There's no way to spot reduce fat =(

1200 calories should be a minimum, try not to go lower than that or you will end up hurting your efforts not helping.

Have you done Zumba? It's super fun, and you can take it at your own pace. It burns quite a bit of calories too
    Hope this helps some. Wish I could help you on those last few but I have a ways to go before I get to that point. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Vhtriana
    Vhtriana Posts: 1
    Options
    i would highly recommend joining a local jiu jitsu academy....ive been doin it for a little bit and ive improved all the areas you need help in, plus youll love the self defense techniques.
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Not sure what exercise to recommend in terms of working your arms but you defiantly need to make sure you up your calories to a minimum of 1200 a day and no less.

Eating less will be undoing any work you put in .

:wink:
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    PATIENCE, you didn't put the weight on overnight so it will take patience to get off. It looks like you are working really hard. Just make sure you don't do anything you can keep up in the future, coz when you stop the weight WILL come back.
    Eat healthy and excersise, you'll get there. Support is here if you need it.
  • hkfalls
    hkfalls Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks SO much for all the support and advice!
  • George1942
    George1942 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lifting handweights that include shoulder, chest, back, biceps, triceps. 2-3 times a week. 3 rounds. Use the weights in which you cann't lift anymore. Tire those muscles out.
  • zerafa
    zerafa Posts: 12
    Options
    If you can't get to a gym try this. Hold a large can of food in your right hand above your head, bend your elbow so that the hand is behind your right shoulder. Repeat as many times as you can then change to the left hand and repeat. Excellent for batwings!
  • Jentrin03
    Jentrin03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, spot reducing wont work. Your body will lose weight in the areas it thinks you need to lose weight at. Have you tried interval training? I heard this burns more fat and I tried it years ago and it works. walk / run with arm weights ;-)