search results for "walking"

Options
all those results are great! they pretty much cover everything....i just have one question:
one option says "walking __ mph carrying baby or 15lb load" now, when i go for a walk i'm pushing my 31lb toddler in her stroller. i know i'm not CARRYING her, but i'm still pushing around extra weight - not just myself. does this count as "carrying" a 15lb load?
i always just put down walking whatever pace i was going and just figured if i burned more calories that's awesome, but i like seeing how many calories i burn when i go for walks. i guess i just feel like i'm putting in a lot more effort than what i'm getting out of it. i mean, a 30 minute moderately paced walk pushing that monster child makes me break a sweat, and not because it's sunny outside. i suppose i feel like i'm burning more calories than what the tracker says i'm burning.
just curious if pushing her counts as carrying a 15 pound load since she weighs double that and i'm pushing, not carrying.

Replies

• Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    There is one that says "walking pushing a stroller" which i use. Not sure on calorie burn difference. Hope that helps xx
  • paulamonroe
    Options
    really?! ugh, i never saw that so YES, you have helped a LOT! thank you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I push a stroller for 90mins every day 30 of those are with my 9yr old perched on the back. Now thats a workout and a half lol
  • paulamonroe
    Options
    OH my gosh, i can believe it! i've done it with lydia perched on the bag so she wouldn't wiggle out of her seat and that was kinda hard...then again i didn't have anyone sitting in the seat as well, just trying to keep the stroller from tipping over in to my gut