Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A.d.i.d.a.f (all day I dream about food)

I wish I dreamt about sports, and not nearly all day do I think about it, but I do constantly have it on the back of my mind. Sometimes I can quell the longings for sweets and overindulging, other times not so much. haha

How do you fight off your 'demons'? ;) Keeping myself hydrated seems to keep them away longer, and chewing gum too.

How do you do it?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Mmm, I'm the same. I just go wth it, and plan healthy snacks and meals, and have a look for different recipes to try.

I agree, water's good.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    stock up on carrot sticks and cucumber and celery. make your own hummus or yoghurt dip for when your feeling peckish. im not a fruity person myself so i dont really bother reaching for an apple but i love veg.

Also try www.graze.com

i get the energy box which contains nuts that i snack on throughout the day.
  • Chewing gum can make it worse because your tummy is expecting food.xxx
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Im the exact same ! I try to plan my foods ahead of time so i dont have to think about it again, and also like you said just drink lots and lots of water. If im craving something really badly ill try and distract myself as much as I can by taking a walk for example or looking at all the nice clothes online that ill be able to wear :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Yea I'm looking at your diary, and I know this is totally unsolicited advice, but I think your body is trying to tell you something- making healthy choices isn't just about the type of food (of which you have some lovely choices in here!)- it's also about eating enough! You dream about food because you are hungry and under your calories- listen to your body! Try beefing up your breakfast and lunch, and maybe adding a snack or two.

Anyway- I'm sorry for the unasked for look at your diary, and the unwanted advice. But if you are dreaming about food all day long, I don't think you are setting yourself up for very maintainable changes.

Good luck,
    Gonks
  • Yea I'm looking at your diary, and I know this is totally unsolicited advice, but I think your body is trying to tell you something- making healthy choices isn't just about the type of food (of which you have some lovely choices in here!)- it's also about eating enough! You dream about food because you are hungry and under your calories- listen to your body! Try beefing up your breakfast and lunch, and maybe adding a snack or two.

Anyway- I'm sorry for the unasked for look at your diary, and the unwanted advice. But if you are dreaming about food all day long, I don't think you are setting yourself up for very maintainable changes.

Good luck,
    Gonks

I do appreciate it. :) Though, sadly there are times I end up not remembering to put in dinner or such in MFP (something I'm trying to approve on).

I'm going to go ahead and say you're right though.
    It's a struggle, especially coming from a unhealthy lifestyle and background.
    Though, that is why we're all here, so I'll make the most of it. :))
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I agree...if you are dreaming about food than you are either a) not eating enough (and restricting foods is a major no-no) or b) not eating enough of the healthy foods your body needs.

Obviously if you're new to making a change you will feel hungry at first. Just try and remember your goals and put the best foods in your body to help you achieve it. :)