TURKEY cutlets - any savory ideas,

Options
islandnutshel
islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
I brought home turkey cutlets and I am starving. I am craving battering and frying them but am willing to wait to see if there is any healthier ideas.
Such a healthy, lean meat needs a better recipe.
Help,
Shel

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    turkey fajitas? If you have a few veggies you can throw in with them and some tortilla shells.
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I cut them up and make soup out of them:)
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I put them in a baking pan and cover them with mushroom gravy and fresh mushrooms. I bake at at 400 degrees for approx. 20-25 minutes. You can use turkey gravy if you don't like mushrooms. I usually serve it with brown rice and a vegetable.
  • AbbieJay
    AbbieJay Posts: 5
    Options
    We love turkey cutlets here. We actually had them last night :) I'm not too adventurous in the kitchen so I use rosemary and thyme with just a bit of season all on both sides. Fresh steamed broccoli and rice for sides. Glad to see someone else eats them too. Our local grocery store hardly sells any! Good luck.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Crispy Turkey Cutlets with Walnut-Sage Sauce.
    from Food & Wine

SERVES: 4
    This fantastic sauce, made with walnuts, sage, garlic and olive oil, would be good on anything—it could even be used as a dip or tossed into pasta. Add just a tiny bit of butter to help round out the rich flavor.

1 1/4 cups walnuts (4 1/2 ounces)
    3/4 cup dry bread crumbs (I used ¼ c seasoned, ½ c plain)
    3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
    Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
    8 medium sage leaves, coarsely chopped
    1 garlic clove
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
    1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 6 tablespoons for frying
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    2 large eggs, beaten
    Eight 1/4-inch-thick turkey cutlets (1 1/2 pounds)

In a food processor, pulse 3/4 cup of the walnuts with the bread crumbs and cheese until the walnuts are finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper.

Wipe out the bowl of the food processor. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of walnuts along with the sage and garlic and pulse until the nuts are coarsely chopped. Add the butter and 1/3 cup of the olive oil and process until the nuts are finely chopped and the butter is incorporated. Season the sauce generously with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.

Put the flour and eggs in 2 shallow bowls. Season the turkey cutlets with salt and pepper, then dust them with flour, tapping off the excess. Dip the cutlets in the beaten eggs, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Dip the cutlets in the walnut-crumb mixture, pressing to help the crumbs adhere.

In a very large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add half of the cutlets and fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden outside and cooked through, about 3 minutes (mine took longer). Transfer the cutlets to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and turkey cutlets. Transfer the cutlets to plates, spoon some of the walnut-sage sauce on top and serve at once.