Any Other College Girls?

Options
Morning :) any other college aged girls out there trying to get healthy? Living in dorms, college life,..college weekends... are definitely a unique challenge haha! It would be fun to share tips!

Replies

• SaraAnne
    SaraAnne Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm a senior at Purdue University :)
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    first year of uni here, but no college for me. i visited a college on my campus yesterday and the food was really abysmal. no fruits, unless you want suspicious looking oranges. only vegies = peas. the 'buffet' style menu primarily consists of meat - kebabs(shiskabobs), some type of lamb looking meat and other junk. just seeing the food was an instant no to living on campus. There's a maccas right across the road as well.
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm a freshman:) haha youngun, I know! feel free to friend me!
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up a 6 year doctorate program so I guess I'm not a college girl anymore : (

BUT I did lose 20 lbs while at school and have lost nearly 10 more since so maybe I can offer different insight? If nothing else, encouragement!
  • alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    freshmen at IU! go hoosiers!!! feel free to friend me :)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm a junior now - and it has definitely been a challenge. So far I've managed to lose 20 pounds, but it seems like there are always endless setback. Especially on the weekends. I've started getting up early during the week (5:40) and hitting the gym. My college's gym is sooo busy during the day and if I go in the morning I get it over with.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Im a senior about to graduate. I didn't gain the freshman 15, I gained a little when I went home for the summer and actually had good food. Used to call my mom, my sis, and my bf's mom and ask whats for dinner then pick out of my choices. lol

I gained 20lbs after discovering and getting a taste for beer. lost 11 of those beer pounds so far and slowly working it down.
  • Rebecca4190
    Options
    College girl right here! haha. oh boy, it's definitely a challenge. I gained at LEAST 50 lbs (freshman, sophomore 50??) in college thus far and am now working to get it off. haha Weekends are definitely interesting when trying to lose weight and stay away from fallbacks
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm a sophomore at OSU. I gained about 10 lbs freshman year and maybe another 10 this year. Right now I'm kinda struggling with binge eating and I want to get that under control, then I will focus on trying to lose a little weight. I was too thin coming into college but about 10 pounds lighter and I'd be back at the weight where I feel my best :) Living in a dorm, parties, and everything that goes along with college definitely presents an entire other set of obstacles of deal with when you're trying to get healthy.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm a freshman at Ohio State! It's really hard trying to find the right foods on campus. Especially during finals weeks. There are so many ice bream sundae bars and late night studying snacks that are offered here. So far, I have found that by picking out a couple key meals that are good for me and I love, I can just repeat those throughout the week. The problem with that is...I keep eating the same things over and over. Boring. Any suggestions?
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow! A lot of Big Ten girls here! I go to Ohio Northern but I was born and raised in Columbus! Go Buckeyes!!!
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    so sad.. want to be back at college! graduated from USC last year! go trojansss!!!
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm still in high school! Guess I should count myself lucky :laugh:
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 22...graduated from college last May. I feel old now...

Wahhh, I wanna go back! lol Too bad that's where I gained most of this gross weight! Blah.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior at the University of Kansas! This my fifth year and I'll be done in May! So exciting! Yes, I've been losing weight here and there after putting it on during my fresh and soph years!
  • sunstreaks22
    Options
    I'm a senior about to graduate in Western NY. I gained something along the lines of the freshmen/sophomore 40...trying to get it off now before graduation! however, if your campuses are anything like mine, there is pizza and junk food constantly available, so easier said than done!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm a "first year senior" at Michigan State University. Definitely is a unique challenge in college to lose weight.