I PROMISE - LADIES ONLY!!!

Options
togden
togden Posts: 324 Member
Hey Ladies ....

Its not completely diet related but maybe it is .... Does anyone else get horrible headaches/migraines right around the time they are expecting their TOM. Every month I end up with a migraine for a day or two before my TOM AND I always start to have nightmares or really weird dreams around the same time as well .... I just dont understand...

Any suggestions or ideas?? Maybe there are even certain foods i should steer away or towards ... Im sure its all related to the vitamins and estrogen but it sucks!!!!! As you can see its about 3am and now I cant sleep even though I wake up at 530 to head to work .... :sad:

Replies

• Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    You poor woman. No headaches...but I'm very very cranky and sensitive. Sorry, I have no ideas or suggestions about headaches in relation to TOM. You may want to "Google" it.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Cheers
  • Mark_99
    Mark_99 Posts: 39
    Options
    Dont kniow why i looked at the post if i am entirely honest but now i have can i suggest that the nightmares may be down to raised body temperature during this time? The headaches could also stem from a raised temperature. Just a thought, yes i know its a mans thought but it is still a thought lol.........

Hope you find a cure if you do please let me know so i can feed it to my wife!!!!

Happy hunting :smokin:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I get very vivid strange dreams when I take vitamins especially vitamin B. This could be just me and I'm strange but I have noticed it over the years that it happens. :laugh:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I would suggest making an appointment with your OB/GYN and seeing if you can get something worked out.

For me, I have never had the crazy dreams, but the migraines I did get. They were caused in part due to the birth control pills that I was on, and the time that I was taking them. I switched to a lower dose pill and started taking it before bed instead of right after waking up, and now I don't have the issue anymore. I still get headaches, but nothing like they were before. Now I can just take a Goody's Powder and it's gone. Before no amount of meds eased the pain. But it was speaking with my OB doc that got it figured out.

(((HUGS))) I hope you feel better and get some sleep!
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    hi i suffer from migraines and i find the most thing tht brings them on is lack of sleep and been over tired.
  • togden
    Options
    I would suggest making an appointment with your OB/GYN and seeing if you can get something worked out.

For me, I have never had the crazy dreams, but the migraines I did get. They were caused in part due to the birth control pills that I was on, and the time that I was taking them. I switched to a lower dose pill and started taking it before bed instead of right after waking up, and now I don't have the issue anymore. I still get headaches, but nothing like they were before. Now I can just take a Goody's Powder and it's gone. Before no amount of meds eased the pain. But it was speaking with my OB doc that got it figured out.

(((HUGS))) I hope you feel better and get some sleep!

I too take birth control pills ... I will definitely shoot my OB/GYN an email and see if he can get me an appointment or maybe even a suggestion via phone .... I am taking my pills at 7pm and i only have the dreams and headaches within a few days before TOM.

Sometimes being a woman drives me nuts ... LOL!
  • togden
    Options
    hi i suffer from migraines and i find the most thing tht brings them on is lack of sleep and been over tired.

I thought about this but I get atleast 7 maybe 8 hours a night however working fulltime, being a full time student and having a 2 y/o may mean i need more sleep .... however i dont get the migraines any other time throughout the month just during the week of aunt flo ... and excedrin migraine does eventually get rid of my migraine.
  • togden
    Options
    Dont kniow why i looked at the post if i am entirely honest but now i have can i suggest that the nightmares may be down to raised body temperature during this time? The headaches could also stem from a raised temperature. Just a thought, yes i know its a mans thought but it is still a thought lol.........

Hope you find a cure if you do please let me know so i can feed it to my wife!!!!

Happy hunting :smokin:

You could be onto something because I did wake up out of my sleep extremely hot and sweating! Thanks for your input and if i figure it out Ill be sure to let you know ... LOL!!
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem - insane migraines and not sleeping at all. I went to the doctor and they changed the pill I was on. I now get slight headaches but am back to sleeping! Good luck!
  • fatcowloseweight
    Options
    hi hunni i understand how you feel ive been having migranies since i was 11 years old and the doc always told me to stay away from coffee oranges chocolate cola chesse but to drink more water in the day would help to keep them at bay try having a nice hot bath before bed that helps me loads try have the light of with some candles its so relaxing and it will help you sleep

hope this helps hunni

michelle xxxxxx
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    There are women who get migraines related to their time. I think it has to do with fluctuating hormones. I usually get really really bizarre dreams the night or two before. I work in a health supplement store and there are two things they recommend for migraine prevention - One is Feverfew and the other is Gingko Biloba.
    Evening Primrose Oil and Starflower Oil are both really good for helping to balance hormones and keeping things on an even keel...they also help with balancing skin oils.
    It could be worthwhile to visit your local vitamin/health shop and see if those help.
    Good luck!
    http://www.divacup.com/ and this has also been a lifesaver for me. I've been using mine for 6 years. LOVE IT!
  • Becca619
    Becca619 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I got bad migraines in between my pregnancies, had trouble holding onto a baby before my daughter and was given progesterone to take from ovulation on, then stop if I wasn't pregnant. The months I took the progesterone and was not pregnant I never had any migraines! Since my daughter was born I have had them off and on again, but nothing consistent like before her - was every month several days before TOM and the day of, then as soon as "she" came they would stop. I just started the pill this month so interested to see if they show up any or not. But I know for me they were definitely hormone related.
  • elaine010570
    Options
    hi yes i can relate to this post, but throughout the month i get 2 like this, have u tried burning, peppermint essential oil in an oil burner, plus cut out the three C
    Chocolate
    Cheese
    and Coffee, this helps but i have been given pills to help me and the headaches dont seem to be as bad, i can function a bit better with them now
    hope u sort this out

cant help with the nightmares thou, but try putting lavender, on ur pillow. it is very relaxing but doing do it if u are pregnant,
    hope this helps x