Aneamic?!

Options
Hi,

I posted last week that I was feeling dizzy and exhausted. Ended up going to docs and turns out I am anaemic, which basically menas I am low in Iron.

Have stated to take iron tablets Just wondered if any body else had suffered with this and has any tips. Any idea when I will feel normal again?!

Feathers x

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Im not aneamic, however after giving birth to my son I lost alot of blood and my iron was super low.. I was put on Iron pills.. Took close to 2 weeks to really get back to normal
  • kao1970
    kao1970 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am aneamic and also take iron it relly helps some time i even need a iron shot

gool luck
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I had mild anemia during pregnancy. I took iron supplements and I believe you will feel better in about a week or so. Be sure to eat food with iron and especially fiber because the iron supplement can make you very constipated! I took stool softeners at times as well.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I am aneamic. I don't take pills. I just make sure I eat my iron. Put in in your tracker!
  • julieban1
    julieban1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been very anemic but overcame it with iron pills & lots of fiber, as stated in another post. The iron can constipate so eat lots of fruit drink planty of water & eat food with iron. Give yourself a week or so & you'll feel great.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am chronically anemic. I take a supplement and I eat lots of iron rich foods. I feel tired all the time though, but I have found that practicing yoga, being well hydrated, and getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night is helping.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm borderline anemic and I've found red meat also helps alot
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I was anemic due to blood loss (TOM decided to last for a heavy month) and my gyno put me on birth control and told me to take prenatal vitamins. It took about a month for me to get over the tired dizzy feeling. I do give in to my red meat cravings now as I know that is my body wanting iron.
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am anemic and I take iron pills. You should be feeling more energetic in about two weeks. The iron pills really help a lot.
  • feathers1981
    feathers1981 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks, didn't realise so many people were anaemic! Am fairly worried about the constipation as I have really bad IBS and suffer with this as a matter of course despite abundant amounts of water and fibre!!! Red meat also 'bungs me up'! Oh dear....really hope the iron tablets don't affect me in this way, I'd rather be anaemic that constantly constipated!!!