Ho much green tea?

Options
I have read that green tea is great for the metabolism. My question is how much does it take to really do any good? Is one cup a day enough to boost metabolism or should I drink more. I am trying to get in as much water as possible to combat the sodium that is in EVERYTHING and dont want to take away from that. I try to have a cup mid morning at work, I drink coffee in the morning before work, it is my one weekness and will not trade it for tea! Any thoughts?

BTW- I have got to start proof reading before I post, it shoud be HOW not Ho!

4186348.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Each cup of green tea has about 30mg of EGCG (the metabolism boosting compound). 400 to 1600 mg of EGCG daily has shown to positively affect weight loss. I drink green tea because I like the taste and as a hot beverage it has its own effects such as:
    - clearing my sinuses (which actually promotes a more sensitive palate for taste)
    - keeping my tummy warm and feeling full which quells a few hunger pangs
    - keeping my hands and mouth busy which takes my mind off of food
    - antioxidant properties and other benefits...just google "benefits of green tea". It's really good stuff. So is white tea.

But in order to actually affect my metabolism, I take 4 "Liquid Soft Green Tea Fat Burner" capsules. Two capsules twice a day. They're by a company called Applied Nutrition. I got mine either at Hi-Health or Walmart but I think you can find them anywhere. A full, daily dose has 400mg EGCG and 160mg Caffeine. I love it.

BTW: Green tea is not enough of a diuretic that it will dehydrate you and you can count the water you drink in the tea toward your daily cups of water count.

You can find all this info online and in various studies. :)

Some people reported feeling very ill when taking the capsules (via online reviews). Start with just one a day and work up to the full four from there. Just to be sure. :)
  • bigskinner
    Options
    i drink quite alot of green tea in work and at home, purely for the fact that it is nice and it is good for you, highly recommend it to help you detox and get the antitoxidents.

chinese green teas is much better if you can find a chinese trade shop!!
  • Bungee_tyme
    Options
    I drink green tea all day. I had given up coffee because it kept me up all night. I have had the same effect with the green tea a few times so I stop at about 4pm now! You can get decaf green tea but I will finish what I have first.
  • Bungee_tyme
    Options
    I didn't know about the metab boost...thanks