Here I am! Another newbie!

Options
Good Morning,
Trying to get myself on track with my food and excercise... ugh I hate to excercise and need all the help and motivation I can get!:smile::smile:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    don't worry about the exercise so much---it does not have to be like Biggest Loser where they kill you every day. Concentrate, for starters, on making healthy lifestyle changes. Swap out things in your pantry and come up with a menu plan where you eat 6 meals a day. When you master that, then move to exercise, but it only has to be as little as a brisk walk, you can even do that in the mall or something. Get a $10 DVD and pop it in and have some fun--turn up some really good tunes, because that is important in keeping it fun.

Good luck
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Morning - and welcome!! Feel free to add me to your friends!!

Good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Find an exercise that you enjoy. Do you like biking? Do you have kids (and like playing active games with them?) Do you have a Wii? What sports/physical activities do you enjoy and have time for?

My other tip is, if you have trouble getting motivated, exercise in a group setting. Take a spin class or aerobics, do something where other people expect you to be there and will keep you motivated to finish every day. Group pressure and support are a huge help!

Good luck!
  • paigelyn88
    paigelyn88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also am not to thrilled with exercising; so the first week I mainly focused on what I was eating and then starting adding 20 minutes of walking and/or elliptical training. My plan is to next week add another 5 minutes. It's like a mind game to me but I'm thinking it will work. Feel free to add me as a friend for support!