Already broken my 1st weight loss goal!

Options
Just thought I'd check my weright loss goal, by 25th September i'd hoped to be down to 231 lbs.
Sadly, I'm still 5lbs away ! :sad:
Maybe I'm expecting too much?
I was going by the assumption that I'd lose a steady 2lbs a week - but I guess that was expecting too much :sad:
M next target was for 31st October to be 224 lbs, but I guess I'll have to rethink that one.

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd check my weright loss goal, by 25th September i'd hoped to be down to 231 lbs.
    I was going by the assumption that I'd lose a steady 2lbs a week - but I guess that was expecting too much :sad:
    M next target was for 31st October to be 224 lbs, but I guess I'll have to rethink that one.
  • pjlim
    Options
    Congrats ! every first step count.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, so don't go getting discouraged! Some weeks we just end up staying the same, so you can't count on losing even one a week. It's coming off, and the slower the better, so don't worry, eventually, it WILL come off!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Congrats on your weight loss thus far:flowerforyou: That's awesome:happy:

Don't be to hard on yourself...some folks lose more weight at a time than others for a variety of reasons, perhaps it's that they have much more to lose, if that's the case they might lose more pounds quickly at first then it will begin to slow down and level out a bit morel.

Each week you might not lose 2lbs. even if that is your goal....our bodies fluctate so much on a daily basis, especially woman. Perhaps it's a platue you're on, or water weigh ...so many factors could be in play here.

Are you eating enough each day? Are you adding more calories back if you're excercising...? Are you drinking plenty of water each day? Perhaps check into some of these and see if you can find what the situation might be...it may not be anything you are doing or not doing that is keeping you from losing 2lbs per week. But if you can take a look at your food diary and see....that would help too :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options

Congrats on your weight loss thus far:flowerforyou: That's awesome:happy:

Don't be to hard on yourself...some folks lose more weight at a time than others for a variety of reasons, perhaps it's that they have much more to lose, if that's the case they might lose more pounds quickly at first then it will begin to slow down and level out a bit morel.

Each week you might not lose 2lbs. even if that is your goal....our bodies fluctate so much on a daily basis, especially woman. Perhaps it's a platue you're on, or water weigh ...so many factors could be in play here.

Are you eating enough each day? Are you adding more calories back if you're excercising...? Are you drinking plenty of water each day? Perhaps check into some of these and see if you can find what the situation might be...it may not be anything you are doing or not doing that is keeping you from losing 2lbs per week. But if you can take a look at your food diary and see....that would help too :flowerforyou:

Thanks i'll give it a try, didn't get much exercise last week - too busy organising things.
    I'm drinking 9 glasses of water per day plus 2 cups of tea.
    I do try to eat the calories I burn, but it's not always easy, I have to be careful not to have too much sugar - being diabetic.

I've got my first diabetic diatition appointment this Friday I'm really nervous, I know I shouldn't be, but there's a group meeting after weigh-in, and I'm nto too sure I can talk about my eating habits in front of others - it's so easy to do that on here though - I can't see anyone's facial expressions :laugh: Seriously, you are all great, maybe I'm worrying just for the sake of it.
  • bethskiles
    Options
    I know it can be discouraging, but hey look at it this way- you are only 5 pounds away from you first goal. And you are certainly closer to your final goal than you were. Celebrate every ounce you lose becuase each ounce gets you closer and closer to where you want to be. It never comes off as fast as we'd like it to but NEVER let that get you down. You can do this one ounce at a time!! Beth S
    88002.png
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I know it can be discouraging, but hey look at it this way- you are only 5 pounds away from you first goal. And you are certainly closer to your final goal than you were. Celebrate every ounce you lose becuase each ounce gets you closer and closer to where you want to be. It never comes off as fast as we'd like it to but NEVER let that get you down. You can do this one ounce at a time!! Beth S
    88002.png

^Thanks Beth, I'm gonna just take it day by day, ounce by ounce and look forward to a new slimmer me :happy: