Giving up alcohol for Lent - support!

Options
Anyone else who is giving up alcohol for Lent give us a shout-out. I am going to need major support through this!

Replies

• Criolla80
    Criolla80 Posts: 14
    Options
    Well I am pregnant so I CAN'T drink..but I'm on board!
  • euca
    euca Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've never given up anything for Lent before.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I don't drink very often, but was thinking about doing the same!! You can do this! Just remember what Jesus sacrificed for you (and me) and it will be just fine!!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I dont drink but I wanted to give you some support for your lent journey!
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No need for anybody to cheer you. The scale will, very very soon after you replace that wine, beer or other booze with tea. Lots of it.

You know what, you'll forget about the difference pretty soon.

Try it!
  • julieban1
    julieban1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not only will you lose weight, but you'll be more energetic! It's a win-win situation!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anymore...Why put 'toxic junk' into my system - doesn't fit into my new lifestyle...& my profile picture is proof of gettin' rid of all the bad stuff...I don't miss the hangovers, etc...! :laugh:
  • kasia31
    kasia31 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in!!!! And I like the idea of replacing my glass of wine with a good cup of tea:):drinker:
  • jerseygeorge
    Options
    I started counting calories and losing weight on Jan 1. Lost 13 lbs so far (two months). Logging the calories in Alcohol really makes it easy to slow down or stop. Plus you save $$$$. Plus you will feel like doing something instead of being lazy after a few drinks! Good Luck.
  • bsuezehr
    bsuezehr Posts: 3
    Options
    ooooh....that's hard...
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Made it through my first weekend without drinking! Woo hoo!!! Don't regret it at all... ;)
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I will support you by giving up lent for lent.
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Made it through my first weekend without drinking! Woo hoo!!! Don't regret it at all... ;)

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I cheated and had two tall cans of beer on Sunday. But that was after a long hike in the forest.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    ? Giving up lent for lent is so very helpful - thanks.
  • hoho1
    hoho1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gave up wine for lent. And I already feel better. Hope the scale shows it too. I did drink beer over the weekend instead of the wine, however, beer fills me way up so I only drank 1 or 2! Hope to do better this week!:tongue:
  • spoozy
    spoozy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I gave up alcohol for lent!!! Only 2 more weeks...but I've enjoyed watching drunk people and not being hungover