P90X .....anyone...?

Options
So I was looking at this online and wondering if anyone is using it... can you tell me what you really think of it?
Does it take a lot of commitment and is it worth the money?

...before I go investing in something like this as it's not exactly cheap!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I personally believe it's a good investment. But, you still need a good mealplan to follow.
    I'm on Day 3 of P90X Lean version...My body aches everywhere...most videos are 60 mins - some are 90 mins.

It's an EXTREME workout - Tony will hurt you - I promise you that LOL :laugh: Today I'm movin' around like a 90 year lady LOL, but it feels good.

This past weekend I just finished Power90 - the series before P90X...

Best wishes in what you decided xo :flowerforyou:
  • abart324
    abart324 Posts: 3
    Options
    It is a big commitment. You need 60-90 minutes 6 days a week in order to be successful. I did it for 60 days but stopped recently as I am doing a weight loss challenge. The p90x was AWESOME for losing inches. I noticed results within 3 weeks of doing the p90x but the scale didn't move. If you are looking to lose inches, don't care what the # on the scale reads, and you want to get into a smaller size, and you have the time to commit to it, it is well worth the money. Because it builds muscle and tones, that is why the pounds didn't fall off for me. As for my friend, who is male, that I worked out with, he lost 6 pounds a week doing the p90x and inches. But he had a nice muscle mass before we started, unlike me we was rather "flabby." It had amazing results for him. I went from a size 18 to a size 12 the first 35 days on the p90x.... but lost only 3 pounds because of the solid muscle I built. We did it faithfully every night except took one night off the day of "rest". WE didn't follow the p90x diet but we did a protein shake and two regular low fat meals and watched our portion sizes. I can't imagine the results had we followed the p90x exactly as stated: diet, recovery drinks, protein bars etc. We were VERY impressed and when I finish this weight loss challenge in May, I will resume my p90x as I love the workouts and the muscle tone I was developing. It really does work if you commit to it. That is the key!!!
  • abart324
    abart324 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats OLP76..... Yes I have to agree Tony will hurt you!!! I remember my first week, especially after the Plyometrics dvd, I went to go pee and said omg I wish I was a man and could stand!!! But once I got past the hurt.....it gets easier every day, after the first week, ....It is an amazing program and can't wait to get back into it once I shed another 20 pounds in this challenge! The pain just means it is working :) It is a great feeling!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I have just started. Yesterday was Day 2. I didn't do the fit test or anything. I probably wasn't ready for it but if I can't do the entire DVD then I'm not too worried. I will get there. Tony says "Do your best and forget the rest". That's what I'm doing.

The nutrient ratios in the first month are 30% carb, 50% protein, and 20% fat. I can't get there and I'm already using protein powders and bars. I'm doing 40/40/20 (the second month). You do have to be eating pretty healthy.

It is a 6 day per week routine but part of it is cardio, plyometrics (jumping aerobics), and yoga along with the weight lifting sessions. I do like he takes short breaks during it. I'm not burning a lot of calories yet but as I get better I'm sure I will. I though I was in shape but he definitely let me know I'm not.

I do like the program though. I like the variety that comes with it.
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    Congrats OLP76..... Yes I have to agree Tony will hurt you!!! I remember my first week, especially after the Plyometrics dvd, I went to go pee and said omg I wish I was a man and could stand!!! But once I got past the hurt.....it gets easier every day, after the first week, ....It is an amazing program and can't wait to get back into it once I shed another 20 pounds in this challenge! The pain just means it is working :) It is a great feeling!

LOL! Too much info but the Plyometrics made me leak a little and I had to stop and go to the bathroom. All that jumping around just doesn't help my bladder any.
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    It is a big commitment. You need 60-90 minutes 6 days a week in order to be successful. I did it for 60 days but stopped recently as I am doing a weight loss challenge. The p90x was AWESOME for losing inches. I noticed results within 3 weeks of doing the p90x but the scale didn't move. If you are looking to lose inches, don't care what the # on the scale reads, and you want to get into a smaller size, and you have the time to commit to it, it is well worth the money. Because it builds muscle and tones, that is why the pounds didn't fall off for me. As for my friend, who is male, that I worked out with, he lost 6 pounds a week doing the p90x and inches. But he had a nice muscle mass before we started, unlike me we was rather "flabby." It had amazing results for him. I went from a size 18 to a size 12 the first 35 days on the p90x.... but lost only 3 pounds because of the solid muscle I built. We did it faithfully every night except took one night off the day of "rest". WE didn't follow the p90x diet but we did a protein shake and two regular low fat meals and watched our portion sizes. I can't imagine the results had we followed the p90x exactly as stated: diet, recovery drinks, protein bars etc. We were VERY impressed and when I finish this weight loss challenge in May, I will resume my p90x as I love the workouts and the muscle tone I was developing. It really does work if you commit to it. That is the key!!!

And it's all that solid muscle that ups the metabolism so you burn more through the day!
  • fdgrafius
    fdgrafius Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love P90X... though if it stands for Power 90 X-treme, then I'm on W90B... Weak 90 B-team! 8) Joking! It has been very demanding and, while I don't fit their "target audience" (folks already in decent shape, looking to take it to the next level), with modeifications (which the system allows for) and conistency I have lost 60 lbs in 4 months. I am in the second month of my second round.

If you do ANYTHING for 60-90 minutes a day, 6 days a week and eat right, good things are bound to happen. That said, for me what P90X provides is something to focus on and the fact that I can do it at home keeps me from making excuses. Happy descision making!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    If you do ANYTHING for 60-90 minutes a day, 6 days a week and eat right, good things are bound to happen. That said, for me what P90X provides is something to focus on and the fact that I can do it at home keeps me from making excuses. Happy descision making!

I think what you said here is dead on. P90X gives people who don't have the time or experience a plan to follow. Sure you could design your own program, with the right amount of research and knowledge. Who has that time though? Also having been a gym rat in the past it was very easy for me to make an excuse to not drive to the gym. P90X took that excuse away.
    It has been very demanding and, while I don't fit their "target audience" (folks already in decent shape, looking to take it to the next level), with modeifications (which the system allows for) and conistency I have lost 60 lbs in 4 months. I am in the second month of my second round.

This I have to disagree with. P90X is designed for everyone. Do I usually recommend that people start with P90 prior to taking on P90X? Yes, but as long as you modify and do you best anyone can do P90X.

So to answer the OP question it is 100% worth the investment, especially if you use the Team Beachbody Coach that will be assigned to you, or of your choice.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • Ginalilly
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone... each one valid!
    I go to the gym 3 times a week like clock work (when my back doesn't hurt) and sometimes run on the days between so I think I'd like it. I also care more for inches and not weight... I've had a six pack before and weighed 69 kilos....
    I now have a 3 pack... the top two abs and what looks like a beer belly!!

The thing I wonder is if it will work with my medication...? since starting it I gained 10 kilos... I've managed to lose 2 kilos but I need something drastic to rid the other 8 so that's why I am looking at P90X It looks like I will have to save up and give it a go! :-)