Any Catholics fasting for Lent today?

Options
I am interested in talking to you my fellow Catholics who are fasting today for Lent.

Replies

• jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    I was baptised Catholic, but am not religious. I don't fast for Lent, but I do give up something I love every year. This year it's all drinks except water. I will only drink water until Easter. I love pop, so hopefully this will help kick the habit!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am Catholic and havn't considered fasting today since I have to eat to sustain my energy, but I did start my journer to get closer to my Faith!
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    I am catholic and will be fasting today so I ate my regular breakfast and will see about 2 small snacks throughout the rest of the day. They posted in our bulletin the fasting requirements and it talks about 1 full meal and 2 small meals (that together would not add up to a meal "sufficient to maintain strength"), no snacking between meals. Hopefully I can make it, yesterday I was starved all day for some reason:grumble: I'm guessing my mfp will yell at me at the end of the day about starvation if I do make it through the day fasting.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    So this thread is where all the cranky people will be by the end of the day?

(not fasting -but giving up all drinks but water)
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

LOL...I know, right! I don't fast for Lent...but we do celebrate the season and give up something for the 40 days. I am giving up diet soda...which is a biggie for me!! There is a whole movement about the nothing but water thing for Lent...helping Africa get clean water. Here is the website if anyone is interested. A few people I know are participating. :)

www.bloodwatermission.com
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options

LOL...I know, right! I don't fast for Lent...but we do celebrate the season and give up something for the 40 days. I am giving up diet soda...which is a biggie for me!! There is a whole movement about the nothing but water thing for Lent...helping Africa get clean water. Here is the website if anyone is interested. A few people I know are participating. :)

I just amended that in another thread. I mean like tea and soda but realized the way I typed it mean not coffee and although I love my brothers and sisters in Africa even THEY don't want me not to drink coffee. My withdrawals keep them awake halfway around the globe.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I just amended that in another thread. I mean like tea and soda but realized the way I typed it mean not coffee and although I love my brothers and sisters in Africa even THEY don't want me not to drink coffee. My withdrawals keep them awake halfway around the globe.

AMEN sister, that is exactly why I am not committing to it!! I need at least a tad of caffeine...and I am not into those 5 hr energy things! I would be sent to Africa if I cut out the java. LOL
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Just think of it this way...if you drink coffee that is grown in Africa could would actually be supporting them as well! :laugh: I'm with you, I can't give up the coffee. But, Kenyan coffee is great!
  • PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 318
    Options
    I was baptised Catholic, but am not religious. I don't fast for Lent, but I do give up something I love every year. This year it's all drinks except water. I will only drink water until Easter. I love pop, so hopefully this will help kick the habit!

Same here and giving up chocolate. The great thing is that I'm going on holiday at the end of April which is an awesome motivation to stick to it as I really want to look good in that bikini :-)
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am Catholic - however, I won't be fasting like normal. I'm ugly when I don't eat, so I'm just not snacking. I'll do smaller normal meals, and nothing in between.

I wish you all strength in your Lent journies. : )
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am fasting today for Ash Wednesday. which doesn't mean I wont be eating, it means two very small meals and a regular meal at the end of the day. I just have to make extra sure that I make everything count! Also, as far as "giving something up" I am a big supporter of doing something that brings you closer to God and I dont see giving up chocolate or pop as doing that (not that i am trying to say anything against those who go that way). I make an extra effort to go to church (something i am not good at throughout the year), read passages fromt he bible (super easy noe that there are tons of bible apps out there), do nice things for others....this to me is more meaningful!