30 Day Shred Questions

Options
I was thinking about buying the DVD but have a few questions..

- Do I need any equipment? Mat? Weights? Bands?
- I live in an apartment, is there any running or jumping that will annoy the neighbors downstairs?
- I have a small apartment so there is not a whole lot of room to move around. Is that going to be a problem?

Replies

• ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me answering. You need a mat, or at least shall I say a mat helps greatly. You also need weights. Nothing crazy, like 5 lb weights.

Question for others reading this - do you need to do this in 30 consecutive days? I've done the shred but never got past day 9.
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Small space I think is ok- I dont have much room-Jumping jacks are involved but its so short it can't annoy the neighbors too much!
    You need weights ( I use 5 lbs)
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    Yes, you need weights. I use 3 and 5 pounds. Yes there is a ton of jumping, but I did it while I lived in an apartment. I just did it during the day when your neighbors should be awake. You will have plenty of room, it doesn't require a ton of space. If you have room to lay on the floor you should be fine.
  • reemasolanki
    Options
    Hi.

Yes you do need a mat, as you may hurt your back or arms if you do not have one. Small weights are also needed, but if you don't have those just fill up two water bottles and they would do the trick. As for running and jumping, yes there is quite a lot of that so you may annoy neighbours a bit, but it's only for 20 mins, so it will be a quick annoyance. As for doing it all in 30 consecutive days, I am doing it over two months, as I couldn't handle doing it all in one go and besides I like taking weekends off. I have still results though!

Hope that helps! x
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I got the 2 pound weights because I didn't know what to get but 3 lbs would be good, and a mat. You will love this dvd. It will kick your butt but you will feel great about doing it!
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use 3 and 5 pound weights. you don't need much room. There is some jumping, but nothing that should be too crazy for your neighbors.

I never actually did the shred 30 days through. I use it on days when I'm short on time for a longer workout and I will just rotate through each level.
  • sarahmk88
    Options
    I have a petite house too :) luckily no neighbors but I do have a sleeping baby I don't wanna wake up with all that jumping but I got the "soft jump" down pretty pat :) oh I also use a mat and 5lbs weights.
  • kjander1
    kjander1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You will need a mat and weights. Probably 2-3 pounds to start would be good. I unfortunately started with 5 pound weights and it kicked my, well you know :)

You will jump around a lot, but just think, you only do it for 25 minutes a day! Can that really bother them?

You don't need too much space. If you can lay out an exercise mat, you should have enough room.

Good Luck! I know the Shred helped me!
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    I agree with Sarah (above) on the soft jump - land it on your toes and try and soften your knees slightly if they are in downstairs.

The room I workout in (semi detached house) is next to a kids bedroom of my neighborer so i just waited till they were erither out or being loud themselves XD

But really only 3 mins of cardio per circuit and that isnt always jumping - not exactly excessive noise so you should be fine! Mat is good or at least a cushion for your knees when you start out.

I did it 30 days without fail. You can see my progress/pictures on my profile. Happy to answer any other questions!

Maybe get a cheep set of lifting gloves - my dumbells made my hands a bit dry plus helped keep me in one place with all the plank work, rather than slipping on the floor/mat :)
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have 5 and 8 pound weights. I take a day off here and there and throw something else in. There is nothing magical about doing it every day for 30 days. It's just a great workout. I've been doing it for a little over a month and I am way more fit than when I started. No dramatic weight loss but great toning!
  • jwmaier
    jwmaier Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all the quick responses. Great community.

I just bought the DVD and will go to the store at lunch to get the mat and 5lbs weights.

Thanks again
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    hey i have done the shred in my small flat so you should be fine... i started off using tinned food as weights and a towel as a mat ! hahha! that was until i got a mat and weights but i still saw good results and yes u should do it for 30 days straight from the best results !
  • jwmaier
    jwmaier Posts: 11
    Options
    One last question.

How should I record the workouts (1,2,3) in my exercise log? I didn't see the DVD by searching.
  • 1hottime
    1hottime Posts: 3
    Options
    WHAT IS THIS 30 DAY SHRED?
  • getinshapesarah
    Options
    you should do it! besides not needing a ton of equipment, it is SO FUN and gets your work outs done in half the time of the normal 60 minute dvds... great work outs and if you stck with it you will get great results .. good luck!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    One last question.

How should I record the workouts (1,2,3) in my exercise log? I didn't see the DVD by searching.

You can log it as circuits. You can actually rename it for yourself which I did. Keep in mind, the calories burned for circuit is just an estimate so be careful when you're eating your exercise calories back. Good luck. I love the Shred, it jump started my weight loss journey!