Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Re-introducing myself!

shoppie
shoppie Posts: 618 Member
Hi there,
I joined in Jan 09 when my then baby was 3 months old and very successfully lost weight at nice steady pace. I just about hit target and then got pregnant again! I sadly gained absolutely loads in pregnancy and haven't lost all that much since giving birth 4 weeks ago :sad:

So back on the wagon for me with about 30 lbs to lose :noway:

Replies

• MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Welcome to the family, add me if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • HEY!!! I totally understand where your coming from... I had my first... Lost TONS of weight and when she was only around 3-4 months old I got pregnant again and PACKED ON the pounds in that pregnancy. Because my pregnancies were so close together the doctor warned me that my body wouldnt bounce back as easily & she was right! Here I am-overweight.

its all worth it in the end ...sure I gained tons of weight but I got two amazing toddlers out of it. But now its time to lose that weight so I can be healthy for them,my hubby and myself. We CAN do this!

I am sending you a friend request right now :-)

*If your only 4 weeks pp... I don't think you can exercise just yet. You Will lose the weight, don't get discouraged.
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Congratulations on the new baby! And good luck with the weight loss - at least your exercise is sorted running after the little ones! Lol!!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Congratulations on the new little one, what fun! Welcome back and good luck! Try to rememer that you just had a baby and that your body is still healing, especially if you are Breast feeding. Don't be too hard on yourself you and your body have been through alot and need time to heal and get back to normal. You will probally lose some of that baby weight in the next few weeks anyway. :)
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Thanks very much guys - I was just weighing myself weekly and not worrying about what I weigh but I gained weight in the last week and can't afford to be going in the wrong direction!!!

Really appreciate the support (currently reciting to myself that I do not need anything else to eat today!!!)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 780 Member
    Welcome back and Congratulations on the new baby! I can understand where you're coming from! I had lost 60 lbs and then suddenly I found out I was pregnant...so I gained a load of it back and it's been really hard trying to lose it again since then. But now she's almost 2 and I really need to quit being a slacker! LOL!! Just remember that you have to take it a day at a time and you can only do the best you can do. So don't beat yourself up about it too much because that certainly doesn't help! Please add me if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to help keep you motivated!!