This site

Options
Hi everyone, its my first day on this new diet method. I saw an article in a paper yesterday about a weight loss app and how it had help a girl my age achieve some great results, so i thought id give it ago. Ive become so lazy since i broke my foot a year ago and excersise is now dificult, i dont do excersise anymore, and just over 12 months ago i was a different person (in more ways than one). I was full of smiles, in the gym daily, happy, not stressed and able to sleep, lately the low feelings i have for myself havent helped, it makes that last packet of crisps or cracker extra yummy :/
I love to cook from scratch and have spent so much time on the internet the last few days coming up with some fab recipes for some fresh meal ideas. I definitely know what my weakness' are but struggle to give them up, i love currys and crisps, i dont have a sweet tooth, so chocolate isnt a sin for me.
Im really looking forward to seeing if this helps, and have sat at the laptop on this site all morning finding out how it works :D

Zara

Replies

• SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, its my first day on this new diet method. I saw an article in a paper yesterday about a weight loss app and how it had help a girl my age achieve some great results, so i thought id give it ago. Ive become so lazy since i broke my foot a year ago and excersise is now dificult, i dont do excersise anymore, and just over 12 months ago i was a different person (in more ways than one). I was full of smiles, in the gym daily, happy, not stressed and able to sleep, lately the low feelings i have for myself havent helped, it makes that last packet of crisps or cracker extra yummy :/
    I love to cook from scratch and have spent so much time on the internet the last few days coming up with some fab recipes for some fresh meal ideas. I definitely know what my weakness' are but struggle to give them up, i love currys and crisps, i dont have a sweet tooth, so chocolate isnt a sin for me.
    Im really looking forward to seeing if this helps, and have sat at the laptop on this site all morning finding out how it works :D

Zara

Hi Zara, I read this article also and i added the app to my fone last night, ive been sat on the pc all morning 2, browsing and looking for food ideas and learning how to use the site and app, i gianed weight after suffering health problems, but its got me to a point of depression and its time for a huge change, good luck on ur journey, im really looking forward to mine, also if u find any good recipe ideas be good to share as im not very good in the kitcken.

Sarah:smile:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    welcome to the family. this is a great place to be. best wishes on you journey.

vicky jo
  • SteveC_71
    SteveC_71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome - if you're like me and always hated the idea of logging calories - you'll love it. It's so easy, the database is so extensive and it just makes it a pleasure to do. Best of all once you know what you're putting in your mouth and work off it comes second nature to stay within your daily total.
  • hallucinogenic_lipstick
    Options
    I read the same article and joined for the same reason lol!

Good luck :)
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. It is brilliant. And if you love cooking from scratch, you can add your own recipes here and it will count the portion calories amount too... basically this website is priceless as they say. Have fun looking around, lots fo great people with lots of success stories to motivate you too. :smile:
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi Zara
    Welcome to the site. I'm new too but already loving it. Being able to log everything from my phone & let the app do the sums is fab!! Spent yesterday trawling web for recipes - next job is to input them here & get cooking!!
    Good luck with your goals - I'm aiming to get back into my fave jeans that make me feel fantastic, so I know the feeling re: your dress!
    Alice :-)
  • zara491
    zara491 Posts: 2
    Options
    The site seems to good to be true, but its something so simple that already has made me smile, i hate drinking water with a passion, its vile but seeing that im meant to drink 8 glasses a day makes me want too. Ive managed 3 so far and im sure itl pick up as i continue to update everyday.

According to the 'goal' page i should achieve my personal result in 6-7 weeks which is amazing if it comes true, that is something that is making me want to achieve so much more as its not that long away.

Ive set an objective to weigh myself every two weeks from today, as i think one week may not seem to show the pounds dropping off that id like it too. So hopefully on my third weighing i should have pretty much achieved my goal :)
    Ive also treated myself to a new 'biggest loser 6 week programe' dvd and some new track pants too get motivated :)

Zara xx