Just starting this two weeks ago, and absolutely LOVE it and

Options
Hi,

I just started monitoring everything that I eat and do in a day, and I was AMAZED at what I was eating..thinking it was a healthy choice....that is until I started with MFP two weeks ago....this site is a GOD send....now I can track better and make better choices.....I've lost 12 pounds in two weeks, and that is just the beginning! I have 40 more to go..but I'm sure with the help of MFP I will attain my goal and maybe even surpass it! I have six months to lose weight, tone my body and be bikini ready for Jamaica.....and I'm confident that I will make it...so for those just starting with this....enoy the tool and use it daily!!!

Replies

• Tammey
    Options
    Hi,

I just started monitoring everything that I eat and do in a day, and I was AMAZED at what I was eating..thinking it was a healthy choice....that is until I started with MFP two weeks ago....this site is a GOD send....now I can track better and make better choices.....I've lost 12 pounds in two weeks, and that is just the beginning! I have 40 more to go..but I'm sure with the help of MFP I will attain my goal and maybe even surpass it! I have six months to lose weight, tone my body and be bikini ready for Jamaica.....and I'm confident that I will make it...so for those just starting with this....enoy the tool and use it daily!!!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I felt the same as you two months ago!! I was amazed to see what I was actually eating! I THOUGHT I was eating healthy, but little did I know how many calories were actually in those foods! This site is great and I have lost 16 lbs since joining it. I weigh once a week always at the same time and have lost weight every week since starting this site two months ago!! It's very exciting to see results like that and this site is very addicting! Enjoy and cheers to your success so far!

Dani :happy:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Congrats! 12 lbs!!!! I'm jealous! I have been using it for two weeks also but have only lost 4 lbs.

I love this site though.... it definately makes things easier and goals obtainable.:happy:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Congrats! 12 lbs!!!! I'm jealous! I have been using it for two weeks also but have only lost 4 lbs.

I love this site though.... it definately makes things easier and goals obtainable.:happy:

Four pounds in two weeks is great!! It is much more likely to stay off; don't worry about it!! Not that 12 lbs in two weeks isn't great!!! I am completely jealous...I would love to drop 12 lbs in two weeks...but they say it's healthier to drop slow!
  • Tammey
    Options
    I think what might have helped me in the 12 lbs is the water pills that my doctor put me on ( not weight related)....I would imagine they had at least 6lbs worth of help..lol ..I also find myself not using the full amount of Calories within a day...and trust me I don't believe in starving myself, but I'm just not hungry...I guess my stomach is shrinking....I also find what helped me is the Aquafit, I go twice a week for 45 minutes....unbelievable workout, tightens muscles I didn't even know I had!!! I also try to walk for 60 minutes twice a week....so I'm sure all that is a contribution to the weight loss.......so don't be down of your loss, we all lose at different times....I might not lose much now for the next few weeks!!!

Cheers
    Tam
    :flowerforyou:
  • susangilbert
    Options
    What an inspiration! thnks for what you shared, I too want to be bikini-ready in June. My goal is 50 pounds in 7 months. Roughly 7 lbs per month...
    Whew!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Tammey
    Options
    Thanks! I absolutely love this site and I believe that with the help of this site, and my determination I will achieve my goals!!!

I think 50lbs in 7 months is attainable as well....are you going on a vacation also???

I can't wait to feel comfortable in a bikini again.......

cheers..here's to our goals!!!