Funny Quotes About Dieting

jeromy75
jeromy75 Posts: 112
edited September 24 in Chit-Chat
Thought I'd share a few of these:

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. ~English Proverb

Your stomach shouldn't be a waist basket. ~Author Unknown

A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit. ~Author Unknown

More die in the United States of too much food than of too little. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, The Affluent Society

The cardiologist's diet: If it tastes good, spit it out. ~Author Unknown

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake. ~Author Unknown

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment! ~Jillian Michaels

I keep trying to lose weight... but it keeps finding me! ~Author Unknown

I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond. ~Mae West

Replies

• JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Love these!!...My fave is the english proverb about not digging your own grave with fork and knife!
  • punkcat186
    punkcat186 Posts: 4 Member
    Haha! Love the "Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake."
  • glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Love those!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    lmao
    120722 Posts: 7
    hilarious!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment! ~Jillian Michaels

Love that!!! It is so true! All the work we put into looking good and we are still unable to graciously accept a well earned compliment!! That is a great saying!!
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Love these!!...My fave is the english proverb about not digging your own grave with fork and knife!

Yeah, I liked that one too.
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Haha These are awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Fantastic! I might just steal one of these :laugh:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member

I'm guilty of this but I still say thank you and it totally improves my day.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    A fellow Beach Body supporter (Debrah P., she is a coach) once told me:

"Dieting is for looking good with your clothes on, exercising is for looking good with your clothes off" That has been sticking with me throughout this whole journey of mine and is a quote I use on my FB profile
This discussion has been closed.