disappointed

Options
I've been here for 7 days. I have come in under my calorie goals each day and have exercised for at least 30 minutes each day. BUT, when I stepped on the scale today, it has not budged one little bit. Please tell me it will get better.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to stay motivated when this happens?

Thanks,

Diane

Replies

• crs10
    crs10 Posts: 6
    Options
    Your body is usually a week behind schedule. so if u workout one week u wont see results until the week after. That happened to me in the beginning I was doing 20 min cardio every day for two weeks and my results didnt start to show until the end of the month. i just had trouble again with that i upped my cardio to 40 mins a day for 5 days a week and the first week the scale didnt move at all....today is the next week and ive lost 2 lbs! and yesterday i didnt even work out. its crazy but everyones body is different and possibly your body just needs to get used to the change youve introduced to it. Dont give up!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    i went through this. all i was told was that since i had not been working out at all my body was adjusting to the new routine and while i was not losing weight my fat was turning into muscle. give it time and dont lose sight of your goal! it will happen!
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is not a sprint or even a marathon, this is lifelong just do it day in and day out and lord knows you will stumble and fall but get back up and keep on the path. Just keep up the good work remeber results never put in work, but work puts up results.
  • Karmenka
    Karmenka Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey :)

I know how u feel, but hey, ur doing great so far. Just keep trying and it will defenatelly move!

Keep your head up :)

Karmen
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Take measurments as well. If you are knew to working out your body could be gaining muscle but still burning fat. It is too early to get discouraged. Hang in there!!
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    it will get better,

if you havent already try draggin out a tape measure and taking your dimensions down - i didn't even realise I had lost
    and inch of my arms, thighs and calfs. plus 3 inches of waist and hips in a month, even though the scales didn't change that much.
  • amylanphierd
    amylanphierd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Give it a few more weeks and you will start to see the results of your hard work, One week is not that long. I know it's frustrating, but just hang in there, you'll get there in the end.
  • LBATL
    LBATL Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It takes some time for your body to get used to what you are doing. Your body might be holding onto weight if you have drastically changed your eating habits. Give it some more time. Sometimes people have a lot of weight loss their first couple of weeks but not everyone does. In my experience, it took awhile for the pounds to start showing on the scale. Try to find something postive to focus on about your week - are you sleeping better? Feeling more energized? Etc.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have been yo-yo-ing for months. it's very easy 2 get discouraged but take it day by day & u will start seeing results. just stay positive. i know it's hard.. but if u just call on everyone for support i think it will totally get u through:flowerforyou:
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Don't be disappointed! The fact that you worked out on a consistent basis is a huge thing to be proud of. Just keep working hard & eventually you'll be so happy you did! My only advice is to maybe pick up the intensity of your workout and add some free weights (or some kind of resistance to engage your muscles in addition to the cardio). Muscles burn fat so if you can build bigger muscles, you'll burn more fat. Keep up the great work & don’t get discouraged! :happy:
  • bryals
    bryals Posts: 6
    Options
    I am not an expert so take my advise with a grain of pepper (I am avoiding salt). I experienced things a little different than you have. Once I lowered my calorie count I lost 12 pounds in the first week. Now for the last 3 days I have gained 6 oz, gained 4 oz. and today lost 4 oz. Not really moving and I have been at or under my calorie count. I am wondering why I don't continue to lose.

First we have to keep in mind it takes time and each persons body responds differently.

Second, double check the items you have in your meals for the calorie content I've noticed in the MFP Database an apple for instance can varied by about 15 calories depending on which one you select. I started going to the USDA NUTRIENT DATA LABORATORY http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ to verify some of the food items.

Third, SODIUM! The big thing I just started to notice for me was my daily sodium consumption was usually 1000 mg or more above my daily allowance. In case you don't know it to much sodium can cause water retention. This can cause some weight gain or prevent initial weight lose. Trick is we have to keep water flowing through our system to help flush out toxins and nutrients that can't be obsorbed by our body. So if your consuming to much sodium it is preventing some of the necessary expultion of the unwanted toxins and nutrients this can have an adverse effect on our body.

Forth, WATER CONSUMPTION knowing about our bodies need to get rid toxins and excess nutrients make sure you get at least the recommended 64oz. of water per day. This doesn't include other liquids we may consume.

I am sure this isn't necessaraly the fix but it can't help to mention it and who knows maybe, just maybe it will help.

Stay strong, don't give up, and God Bless.
  • Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    It WILL get better, I promise.
    I've been on the wagon for 3 months and have gained weight BUT I have lost inches, 12.5 total and
    have reduced my body fat % by 5.
    I'd probably give up if I just went by the scale, so while I think its important to keep track of your
    weight via the scale, its not the only thing you should take into consideration and I think its the
    least kindest method for your soul and confidence:) Just keep at it, you will see changes the longer you do!
  • dmsnurse
    dmsnurse Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your great support. I know it will get better, guess I'm just stubborn and needed to hear it from someone else.

Diane