Egg Blossoms w/ PHOTO – 3 WW Points (for 2)

Options

Replies

• cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have to try this out ;)
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I will definately have to try this out
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    YUM! I can't wait to try these!
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow! They look super cool! Thank you so much for sharing. This is my first year raising chickens and I'm always looking for new egg recipes!

Oh, enjoy the chickens, and fresh eggs! I am starting out with a fresh batch of chicks this year, so no fresh eggs till fall, lol!

This recipe looks wonderful, thank you for sharing!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    bump

Thanks for the recipe! I was sitting here thinking, "I need more protein in my breakfast." What a coincidence!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That's what me and the kids are going to have for breakfast...this weekend before the classic car show!!!!

And the picture is such a great touch!!!

thanks for taking the extra effort for us!!!
  • curran80
    curran80 Posts: 77
    Options
    These look great, will be making them soon

Thanks
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yummy looks great, thanks for sharing it
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon a MFP’ers blog a few days ago, found a cutie recipe, modified it to be easier to make and it turned out PERFECT!

Only problem is I can’t find this person/thread in the search to give her credit. She called these ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ b/c she blended the eggs and spinach to hide it from her kids. I called them Egg Blossoms b/c they ended up looking like flowers.

If you were the original blogger, thank you! For everyone else, these make a delicious breakfast or appetizer as they are a sturdy hand food.

Enjoy!

Egg Blossom

4 slices ham
    2 eggs
    1 cup spinach
    Ground pepper
    ¼ red pepper, diced

Directions: Line muffin tin with a slice of ham. Stir together eggs, spinach, red pepper and pepper and pour the mixture into the cups about ¾ the way full. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until the eggs have set and the edges of the ham are brown. Makes 4.

WW Points: 3 (for 2)

Nutrition: 118 calories, 3 carbs, 1g fiber, 6g fat, 14g protein

* Feel free to modify the ingredients such as adding mushrooms and/or tomatoes, egg beaters instead of eggs (less calories) or shredded cheese (extra cals).

eggs.jpg

What kind of ham do you use
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    @PKD1, I used Pillers sliced black forest ham, I believe it's 40 calories for 2 slices.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    That's what me and the kids are going to have for breakfast...this weekend before the classic car show!!!!

And the picture is such a great touch!!!

thanks for taking the extra effort for us!!!

Thanks Angie, that's really kind of you. I'm a big believer in photos for recipes. I've made a binder of about 40-50 recipes with photos I took so far and whenever I post on MFP, even if it’s a response to someone else’s thread asking for recipes or to show them my results of their recipe I ALWAYS post a photo.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I make these often - 12 at a time, in a tupperware in the fridge they last 5 to 6 days.

I also substitute sliced turkey to avoid the sodium in the ham.

Delicious!

Karen
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You should publish your own MFP cookbook!!! I would be first in line to purchase one!!! Just an idea!!!! :)
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    You should publish your own MFP cookbook!!! I would be first in line to purchase one!!! Just an idea!!!! :)

It would be a great idea but I fear liability since most of the recipes aren't my original creation, they were just originally fatty and I modified them or had excess ingredients and I deleted them. Will keep that in mind. That totally deserves a friend request ;) - sent.
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump! Gonna make these for breakfast this weekend! Thanks :)
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    These will be on the menu for breakfast this weekend :):)

Did you use fresh spinach? Or thawed, previously frozen spinach?
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    Bump! Looks amazing!
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    These will be on the menu for breakfast this weekend :):)

Did you use fresh spinach? Or thawed, previously frozen spinach?

I always use fresh, less sodium/preservatives plus it's cheaper, $3-4 for like 20+ cups in a tub.
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenellechan26
    Options
    These are so cute :) I love it!!