Home remedy for the COld?

Options
syiyi
syiyi Posts: 341 Member
Help!! whats a good home remedy for the cold?? should i still be drinking water?? so far tea has it.. :(

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    You should be DROWNING in water. and maybe a smidgen of vitamin C, and sweat it out a bit if you're up for it :)
  • syiyi
    Options
    You should be DROWNING in water. and maybe a smidgen of vitamin C, and sweat it out a bit if you're up for it :)

thanks! I haven't been able to workout b/c it gets me agitated and out of it.. :( thanks for the info I'll be drinking my water.. i guess warm.. H2O
  • dani238
    dani238 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A study shows that warmed honey with a sprinkle of cinnamon!! Take on tbsp daily for about 3 days and that should knock it out!! My husband was sick and he did this and it only took one dose for him to feel better :)
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Zicam is an over the counter rememdy and it works pretty well. Same thing with Cold-Eze
  • syiyi
    Options
    A study shows that warmed honey with a sprinkle of cinnamon!! Take on tbsp daily for about 3 days and that should knock it out!! My husband was sick and he did this and it only took one dose for him to feel better :)

Thanks alot i will try it :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Put some honey in your tea. And definitely get in LOTS and LOTS of water. Vitamin C is good too. I always pack my house full of orange juice when its "sicky" season. lol
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you've got a sore throat, get a throat lozenger with ZINC - I swear it gets rid of the sore throat and cold much faster! :wink:

Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    http://www.realage.com/blogs/food-bites/the-ultimate-chicken-soup?click=main_sr

I swear by this recipe, I just leave out the curry and use whatever chicken I have on hand.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Chew raw cloves of garlic. It sounds disgusting, but garlic has amazing anti-viral properties and is perfect for getting over a cold. Or if you prefer, mince some raw garlic cloves, boil some water and add the garlic for garlic tea. Atleast the tea is more with standable than chewing raw cloves.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Oil of oregano. Works miracles!

I used to be a massive proponent of "sweating it out" - but I've been sick for about two weeks now with no improvement (despite 5x gym visits) and I'm rethinking that method! :ohwell:
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Something about a hot drink that is comforting when you have a cold - I like hot water with a dash of fresh lemon juice, some fresh ginger and sweeten to taste with honey. And a paracetomol or any headaches etc
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I recently tried a homeopathic cold and mucus syrup, Similasan, and now highly recommend it. It tastes like pancake syrup and really seemed to make a noticeable difference in mucus from the cold. I got it at Walgreens in the kids cold/allergy meds section. They have a double sided spoon in the box one side is for kids other side for adults.

Nothing really "cures" a virus(cold or flu) but rest and time. Don't medicate fevers that come with unless you are just miserable or scary high. I like to sweat it off too. Just some things make it quicker and less annoying.

FEEL BETTER!
  • jwharrison43
    Options
    lots of water, vitamin C and I am a tea drinker. Hot tea helps soothe and open things up :0)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    by taking all these medicines you are only masking the symptoms. The virus is still gonna run its course if you dont let it it will stay along longer. So use these meds just know your masking symptoms so you will feel better. I just let it run its course