circuit training or what?

Options
I have three stations the treadmill,total gym,and exercise ball
I spend 45 minutes working between them
walk/jog on tread,various exercises on tg,crunches,push ups,and leg lifts on ball
How do I log this in mfp circuit trainin? walkin? weight liftin? I dunno and do I have to break down the minutes at each??
any help would be great
thanks
B

Replies

• flaquitadelafrontera
    Options
    I'd log that as circuit training. I do Jillian's shred and it incorporates similar exercise and log it as circuit training. From what I've seen, I think that's what other users log it as well. Good luck!
  • taylor0926
    taylor0926 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree it's hard to figure out what to code it under because I do excercise with dumbbells and you can't find curls or crunches under work outs that burn calories. I just put circuit training, and break down the minutes or just put your treadmill excercise and then circuit training for you ball, crunches and pushups. Hope this helps....

I do Jillian Trouble Zones and she said circuit traning a thousand times so that's what I assume it is!
  • CNBarnes
    CNBarnes Posts: 3
    Options
    There are two ways you can log this. Put total time as Circuit training or split each exercice up. The total gym, crunches, push ups, and leg lifts would be considered calisthenics. Compare the calorie burn both ways. Some people like to log less calories burned to allow for error.
  • UlaAshore
    Options
    I wear my Polar heart monitor so I know exactly how many calories I burn in a specific time and then average that out over a week (say, 350 calories/hr). Then I back out my personal background metabolic rate (~60 calories/hr) and I create a new exercise (Paula's Circuits, 1 hour, 290 cal). Next time, all I have to do is enter my time and MFP does the rest! It's not dead accurate, but it is, as they say, close enough for hand grenades and horseshoes....
  • CNBarnes
    CNBarnes Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree it's hard to figure out what to code it under because I do excercise with dumbbells and you can't find curls or crunches under work outs that burn calories. I just put circuit training, and break down the minutes or just put your treadmill excercise and then circuit training for you ball, crunches and pushups. Hope this helps....

I do Jillian Trouble Zones and she said circuit traning a thousand times so that's what I assume it is!

Under the cardio section there is strength training. I would log this when you are using weights. I dont think it really matters but I like to keep up with what I am doing. Compare the amount of calorie burn between the two.
  • skinnybeachgirl
    Options
    thanks everyone! .I am going to check the calories each way and pick the lowest to allow for error sounds good to me
    thanks
    B