Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

BE GENTLE.......... :)

Just thought i'd say hi, found the my fitness thing through my i phone and am addicted, i find it incredibly useful and helps me makethe right choices when being good and occassionally bad..... ;0)

Not really sure what to put, but im dean, from just outside Manchester, England, i used to be 19 1/2 stone which kind of crept up on me, i guess now i'm around 16 1/2, still fancy losing 2 more stone, but feeling alot better all the same.....

cheers and happy living folks...

Replies

• morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FITNESS JOURNEY!
  • Hi and welcome!! This site is great :smile:

Good luck :wink:
  • welcome :)

good luck with it!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Welcome Dean!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey! Add some friends for support!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Welcome to the site!
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    I don't know that I've ever heard someone measure body weight in "stone." What's the conversion and where is this terminology mostly used?

Thanks!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 983 Member
    Lol.... we don't bite....!

Welcome.....
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    You are surrounded by a bunch of people in the same boat! ;) All of us have started too heavy and are working toward a healthier lifestyle. I like this site and I hope you continue in your success. :drinker: (lots of water)
  • Hiya, i'm a noob to, joined today.

I'm already hooked on the app lol.

Good luck!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    O.K. I have been seeing this all over this website and I have to ask. What is a "stone"?
  • O.K. I have been seeing this all over this website and I have to ask. What is a "stone"?

A stone is a UK measurement :wink:
  • A 'stone' is what we generally use in the UK and consists of (i think it's) 14lb!

Ooh and hello Dean! :)
  • TanyaLee122175
    TanyaLee122175 Posts: 67 Member
    Welcome and good luck with your journey feel free to add as a friend... Friends are GREAT support
  • heidivodka
    heidivodka Posts: 5 Member
    @mlemonroe2 a stone is equal to 14 pounds or 6.35 kilos

Oh and welcome Dean, well done on your first step and congratulations on what you have lost so far
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    UK uses Stones for weight measurements it is 14lbs=1Stone.
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Hi Dean
    I'm new too & hooked on this app! SO good to see someone quoting their weight in stones - I've got brain ache multiplying mine into lbs!! Congrats on your loss so far & good luck with the rest.
    Alice
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I know I do. The people are awesome. Having friends on here for support and motivation is important. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I hope your journey is filled with a lot of success.
  • Welcome Dean...
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Good luck Dean, with this site you can definitely reach your goals!
  • Lol.... we don't bite....!

Welcome.....

Well, some of us do....:huh:

:flowerforyou: Welcome