Adjust calories?

Options
Hi, now i have lost 11lbs do i need my daily calorie intake changing??.. i am set at 1200 at the min

Replies

• DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You should update every 5-10 lbs lost. Should never go below BMR though I think.
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Thankyou, i will put everything in again then see if it changes for me
  • queeniedebar
    queeniedebar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stick with the 1200 until you get to your goal. Then you will need to adjust to maintain.
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    you might want to up the cals if you exercise. 1200 is too low for anyone really because you start to starve yourself and then you'll plateau, which will really suck. I like to do the cal zig-zag method. It helps keep me motivated by changing it up every day.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If you were eating more than 1200 calories, it would need to be adjusted frequenly as your body needs less energy with a smaller body. But because you are set at 1200 cals and that is the minimum you should eat...just keep doing what you're doing. Good luck! :)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I adjusted mine up to my BMR and I have lost more weight than when I was at 1200.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    its not likely to change if you are already at 1200 as that is the lowest it will allow you to go. it could be that you may need more cals close to your BMR cals and not eat back exercise cals that worked for me when I hit a plateau and then I went back to my 1200 once the scale started moving again
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: im 11lbs off my first goal, than another 7 to reach target..