Veggi;'s and Dip

Options
If I make a fat free or Low fat veggi dip would this be ok for a snack, is there somthing else I can use as a dip to eat with veggi's??

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    hummus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yummy ! You can dip any kind of Veggie into Hummus
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love hummus too. I like to dip peppers in salsa.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    hummus yes!

you can also spoon out a little bit of peanut butter... I have reduced fat skippy and two tablespoons is one serving and really fills me up :)
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hummus, no question. Also, I make a greek yogurt dip with cucumber and garlic- similar to tatziki....
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Hidden valley makes a lite ranch that is made with sour cream and it is so good. I found my husband forgoing the regular ranch and grabbing the lite- he said it tasts good! ( he hates anything lite!)
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    Hummus, no question. Also, I make a greek yogurt dip with cucumber and garlic- similar to tatziki....

Sounds good.. You should post the recipe!
  • kianaik
    kianaik Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    As the others have said, hummus is great. Another thing I make is a creamy mixture of avocado and plain fat-free yogurt with some seasonings. Love it with my veggies.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hidden valley makes a lite ranch that is made with sour cream and it is so good. I found my husband forgoing the regular ranch and grabbing the lite- he said it tasts good! ( he hates anything lite!)

I've used the Hidden Valley ranch seasoning with lite sour cream in past for lower cal dip. For veggies I've gotten to just eating them raw. The taste for it develops. Broccoli is one where I still prefer a dip/ranch because it can get so dried out.

I get all my carrots in the long form and organic tastes the best to me. I used to have to use so much ranch for the baby carrots and I just got sick of those the flavor got to be horrible but fresh organic ones(even the bagged ones) are so much tastier.