Hello

JeffK627
JeffK627 Posts: 11 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Jeff. I've tried several methods of losing weight over the years. Had some success with low-carb diets but didn't keep the weight off. I found myfitnesspal when searching for a food diary app for my phone. I need to lose weight because heart disease and diabetes run in my mother's family and for an overweight male my age heart attack is a real - and frightening - concern.

In the short term, I want to lose enough weight to be able to exercise more. Right now I weigh enough that most exercises cause back and knee pain. I can walk at a moderate pace and try to do that for at least 15 minutes a day right now.

Cheers and good luck to all!

Replies

• new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you.
  • llongo80
    llongo80 Posts: 3 Member
    I am just starting myfitnesspal as well- just had my third child in January and I am carrying an extra 50lbs gained over the years from the three pregnancies.
    I also have heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes running in my Mother's side of the family and often have regular chest pains, so I also have some scary concerns with health. I would like to loose weight not only to feel better about myself, but to ensure that I am healthy to care for my children!
    I seek to loose about 30lbs, which may not seem like much, but it is extremely difficult for me loose weight. After the birth of my second son, it took me over a year and a half to only loose about 10lbs.
    Good luck in your weight loss journey! Hope you stay on target and begin to move toward your goal!! :)
  • Hi Jeff,

Just want to say Hello to you as well and good luck with your journey. It's a battlefield for me everyday I struggle. I know this is something I have to do, but my love for food overwelms me. I hate exercising, I'm like you and everything I do now hurts my back and knees as well. So my main concentration right now is losing some pounds so the exercises will be a little more easier on my back and feet. Again good luck! :-)
This discussion has been closed.