Day 2 of 30-day shred - not as bad as yesterday

Options
I was surprised how much easier it was today. Oh, to be sure, it was still tough! But I knew what was coming. I think my subconscious was able to 'pump' me up overnight like I was going into a ring to fight round 2 and my head was my corner coach. Still sweat a bunch, still felt like oxygen had given me the cold shoulder. My kids were encouraging when they saw me turn on the DVD, "good job, daddy! We didn't know if you'd try again". Clearly I have shown them my self-destructive habits more than my self-improving ones more often.

It'll get easier! All things do. At one time, I couldn't possibly eat a whole large super-supreme from Pizza Hut by myself. But I got there! I can do this too.

Replies

• dalscruf
    dalscruf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. It does get easier and you will notice a change as the days go by! :)
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!! That will really keep you on track...
  • unhealthynomore
    Options
    I just ordered this DVD last night. Can't wait until I get it! Thank you for posting this. It's encouraging!!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of level 1 and it DOES get easier. It gets to the point where Jillian is annoying and you just want her to shut up, because you don't need her support--you've got it on your own!

Keep pushing through, you'll love the results!
  • dalscruf
    dalscruf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I actually mute the tv and play my own music so I don't have to listen to her, lol :)
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You'll get to the point where Level 1 will be a cake walk! But then there is level 2 and level 3.... Those are tough! But worth it, and they only last 25 minutes.

Good job!!

And to quote Jillian on Level 2 "I want you gargling your heart by the time this cardio circuit is over" AND YOU ARE! O_o