Heart Rate / Calorie Monitors

Options
Hi All,

I am wondering if there is anyone out there that uses a Heart Rate / Calorie Burned type of monitor while performing their exercise.

I bought a rather inexpensive one and well, I get what I paid for. I would prefer a watch type one and don't need a whole lot of bells and whistles, just want to track my calories burned.

Thanks in advance.:flowerforyou:
A

Replies

• formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it.....yes you do get what you pay for. I got mine from D**** Sporting Goods:) You need one with the chest strap and I was told that all Polars have one.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Body media from costco-fair price, works the same as the body bugg and cost less and you get a subscription to the website when you buy it.
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ive had my polar ft4 for about a week..Im still loving it. Im so motivated to workout because i can see my inzone rate. Buy.com 79.99
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    I have a Polar too, it is pretty awsome. I know it does other stuff but I just watch my calories burned on it.
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4 last week. I love it! It was cool to even use it during my water aerobics class.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F3 HRM that I got awhile back, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. It doesn't do everything that the new ones do but it works for me. It came with the chest strap with I have read is more accurate than just a wristwatch HRM types.

I bought my Polar HRM and recently my Omron pedometer at heartratemonitorsusa dot com which usually offers free shipping and other specials which help you out with the total cost :-) Also if you search online, there are online codes that you may be able to use as well on their site.

Good Luck !
  • AGSawatzky
    Options
    Thanks everyone...looks like the polar brand is a popular choice...off to check them out.
    Cheers!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with recently purchased Polar FT7 from Academy Sporting goods on sale for $80, regular $110.
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    i have a cute polar f6. it's black w/ flowers. got it off ebay brand new for a fraction of the retail price.
  • gooteek
    gooteek Posts: 64
    Options
    I just ordered the BodybuggSP from 24-hour fitness, but it does not do HR, just counts calories. I am not as concerned about my heart rate, as I know I do enough cardio and have no heart conditions. I also monitor my HR once a week at least and have seen it become better and better as weeks go by.

I am most interested in an accurate calorie burn and this model has a web-based and IPOD/IPHONE app to see/track results from anywhere.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Save your money. It's a bauble to fiddle with.