How do you enter C25K for exercise?

Options
I'm on day 2 of the C25K and not sure how to enter it to get the right amount of calories it burns. I've been entering it as:

10 minutes of 2.5
12 minutes of 3.0
9 minutes of 4.0.

When I enter that, it says I burn 178 even though the treadmill says 330 (I know it's not the most accurate, but that's a big difference).

Suggestions?

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i would keep to what you are doing. exercise machines are notorious for overestimating. if you really want to keep tabs, invest in a heart rate monitor. i've had mine since january, and it's really helped me along. also, my hrm lines up pretty consistently with what the mfp estimates are, so i would still use those over the treadmill estimate. good luck!
  • babyprincess13
    Options
    im not too sure how to enter it either.
    however i just started the c25k as well and its my first week:-)
    all the very best on this journey .
    we can do this:-)
  • fab4runner
    fab4runner Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I always put in the time and speed for walking and running. I use the machine estimates but they are actually lower than what MFP tells me. I am sure it varies from brand to brand so I always go with the lowest amount...just like I always overestimate for food when I don't know the exact amount.

I would love to get a heart rate monitor but I can't afford one so for the time being this works.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    WOW...I am on W1/D3 tonight...looks like we are in a similar place.

What I did was...I added an exercise for Treadmill - Walk/Jog and then I add the time and calories (from my machine) each time I complete my 30 minutes.

Hope this helps!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    I use a HRM and just create my own exercise as C25K. My numbers are always higher than my treadmill and mfp says, but my HR is getting pretty high. That's really the most accurate thing to do. But if you really can't invest in a HRM, I would suggest maybe averaging the two...I'm on week 4 of C25K. Love it!
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    get a heart rate monitor.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day last night and my treadmill told me my average speed so I entered that for the amount of minutes.
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm also on Week 1 Day 2!!

I'm using the C25k ITouch App and it tells you how much you have burnt by calculating your speed and weight. For now that's what I'm using I might get a HRM later on.