excercise at home?

Options
right guys! i just wanna know what workouts are the best to do at home? without go to the extreme of buying different equipment! can you let me know what kind of workouts you all do at home just soo i have a rough idea please :)

Replies

• paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So far I have only been working out at home. I do the WiiFit and JustDance 2....and I have lost 7 pounds in 9 days. I also walk the neighborhood for about 20 mintues. But I am also a manager at Walmart so I do tons of walking in a 8 hour day.

But when I hit 30 pound loss I plan on joining the gym so my body doesn't get used to doing just one thing....gotta change it up.
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is awesome!! It doesn't take any extra equipment except a light set of hand weights for turbo sculpt. I also like The Firm too, but depending on which video you get it either takes no equipment or weights and a step.
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I do jogging and running in place. Jumping jacks,push ups,sit ups,pilates ect and tomorrow ill be getting a wii with wii fit :) while doing dishes I stand on one leg lol I also have my 3 yr old sit on my feet and I do leg lifts! Good luck!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I do Exercise TV workouts. I get bored easily, but there's a lot of different choices there. My biggest hurdle is waking up early enough to do it.
  • jessica6335
    Options
    I tend to use different workout DVD's at home. I also have a balance ball but don't use it much. I'd like to find a DVD with exercises for that as well!

I like "Crunch: Bikini Body Workout", "Walk Away the Pounds", and "The Biggest Loser: Power Sculpt." The Crunch & Biggest Loser ones were the tougher workouts and definitely had me sweating.

Walk Away is nice because it's all just aerobic moves as you walk or march in place. And there's 1, 2, or 3 mile ones you can do & you can actually feel it when you are done! I nanny during the day so I save that one for naptime when I can't get outside or to the gym!

Hope you find something that works well for you :)
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I only workout at home, I've only been to a gym to workout once and it wasn't for me. I do exercise DVDs like P90X, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, etc. but you still can do it at home without buying DVDs. There are things such as running the neighborhood, running stairs, jumping jacks in place, push ups, lunges down the hall, etc. Even with all the workout DVDs I have there are still nights that I make up my own routine like down the stairs, do 1 min of jumping jacks, back up the stairs, 10 push ups, lunge down the hall to my bedroom, 20 squats, lunge back down the hall, repeat. I feel like if I do it at home where no ones watching I am more willing to try new things because I don't get embarassed someone is watching me mess up.
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    I like circuit training videos, like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I don't just want to burn calories, I want to tighten up and gain lean muscle and these types of videos will help do that.
    I have a tread mill, bench press and Precor system in my garage too I try to use those a few times a week. I'd love to have a gym membership though to be able to do classes, just not in the budget.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Thankyou soo much guys! You have all given me brilliant ideas of different excercises i can do at home now!! :) I go on wii fit everyday to do the jogging and hula hooping and it has kinda got a bit boring now ha! But with all your help i can now do lots of different excercises using my stairs and that :).. I also have the clubland workout of your life dvd which is fast paced dancing! its very goood and does get you sweating but its always nice to try something different! i am going to try jumping jacks for 2 minutes later and also i will do a few minutes of squats and practice on my sit ups! (as i can only do 10) haha. A big thankyou for all your help!! :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    isometrics

Resitance bands

free weights

push ups, crunches, sit ups, planks, jumping jacks, wall squats (all that stuff from high school gym.

Run up and down the stairs

Dork Dancin' (think footloose).

Go get 'em.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It's basically impossible for me to go to the gym so I have no choice but to workout at home. I lost most of my weight doing Turbo Jam. I've also done Walk Away the Pounds and the 30 Day Shred. Turbo Jam is my favorite!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Ooooh thankyou!! I have got a resistance band that i got with the Mel B fitness game thing soo i will have to start using that! Thanks!!
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    Anything from the Biggest loser or Jillian Michaels. I am currently doing the biggest loser Last Chance workout.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I own every Jillian Michaels DVD. I never get bored of one workout and sometimes I do one in the morning and one at night....otherwise I do 60-90 minutes of cardio in the morning either on my treadmill or bike and in the evenings I do a DVD. I have NEVER worked out in a gym nor do I desire to work out in the gym. I can get the body I want in the comfort of my own home for nearly free. (Besides, sometimes Jillian works you so hard, you just want to sit and cry for a minute afterwards lol)
  • chee74
    chee74 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello,

I do Zumba and it is amazing. You don't even have to buy any DVD's. I go onto you tube and type in a song I like, for example a Shakira song, Katy Perry, Rhianna etc and next to the song of choice type Zumba and it will show you (if any) there is a Zumba routine for it. It is dance aerobics and the moves are easy enough but high impact or you can lower it yourself. I just did a class as I go to one a week and do the rest at home and I always burn between 500 and 900 calories per session. It is awesome and for the first time I actually enjoy exercising :smile:
  • dixiechicdana
    Options
    I am doing supreme 90 day fitness videos. There are 10 videos and you do need to sets of dumbells and a pilates ball. But in 4 days I have lost 6 pounds, 2 inches off waist, 1 off hips and 1/2 inch off calves. You can buy it at bed, bath and beyond, and some walgreens. If you order onlne it will take forever to get it.
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi,

I've just pre-ordered the zumba for wii as i'd heard its really good. its not out over here in the UK till 1st April.

I do the wii fit plus which tones me up but takes longer to burn calories. Although I do love it, I wanted something more exhausting. I must be sick in my mind; as If i'm not already exhausted having sleepless nights and running around after 2 little-uns.

I also try and do isometrics during the day and use my son as leg weights and my daughter as arm weights LOL poor kids.

But when the weather is nice i'd rather take the kids out for a long brisk walk.
  • nickiben
    nickiben Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Try couch25k. Ive started it but havent got gym membership so just run round my village. I also use Jillian Michaels DVDs - theyre great. Ive also got a exercise bike that I keep in my dining room, then just pull it out and do it whilst watching The Biggest Loser!!!
  • cevans36
    cevans36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have an eliptical that I use in the morning for an hour (that's my cardio). I just started the Brazilian Butt Lift. It is awesome! It is a Beachbody production. I am in my second week and feeling pretty good! Of course eating right each day too!
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical machine & a treadmill. I use those about 4-5 times a week. I also found a free download of the whole P90x's Ab Ripper online that I do 2-3 times a week.

If you have limited equipment, you could take a walk around the neighborhood, buy some hand weights, jog in place, or look for videos online. www.exercisetv.tv/ has some good things
  • Blr31977
    Blr31977 Posts: 49
    Options
    ZUMBA Fitness (the game)!!!! I've been doing it for 2 months... I love it! I have the game for the x-box kinect but they have it for wii and ps3... According to my hrm I burn 600-750 calories per 45 minute session... I've lost 29 lbs on it. it's great!