INDIAN

Options
Hiya, just looking for a bit of advice, my boyfriends taking me out for an indian on the weekend. I was going to say no but you got to have a treat at some point in the week haven't you? haha. I love chicken korma its my favourite but I know its fattening, any suggestions?? xx

Replies

• BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    eat it, enjoy it...drink a lot of water when you get home and do some cardio to get that salt out.
  • mamafoofer
    Options
    agreed^ with above!
  • reikichris
    Options
    I eat Indian every few weekends and I usually order Paneer Tikka Masala. I eat about 1/3 of the order, go light on the rice (about 1/2 cup) and skip any of the breads (easier said than done, yummy!) It ends up being less than 400 calories total, not including beverages.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    eat it, enjoy it...drink a lot of water when you get home and do some cardio to get that salt out.

Yep, have a really great evening. I'm assuming you don't eat chicken korma all the time, so enjoy it :smile:
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I LOVE East Indian food. I don't worry about the main dish, I just skip the white rice!
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    One meal isn't going to hurt, especially if you box up 1/2 of the meal before you even take the first bite and vow not to eat it all :-).
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat Indian all the time-- sometimes 2-3 times a week. My advice is to steer away from the cream-based dishes, and go light on the breads and rice. I usually eat black daal, chana masala or aloo gobi.
  • heatherlfulton
    heatherlfulton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As stated before, take some home. Also, start with a salad. Indian restraunts normally have either green salads or cucumber/tomato salads. Great starter, especially if you get any dressing on the side. If you order hummis, try with the veggies instead of the naan. For the water, no reason to wait until you get home. Drink some while there and eating. Maybe even have a couple of glasses before going to help get your system moving.

But most of all, enjoy! It is not like you go out to eat Indian every night. :)
  • promiseskept
    Options
    Sometimes you can google the menu and figure out the calories before you get there.
    The other thing I do is eat very low calorie meals, like a salad for lunch and an oatmeal for my breakfast, get exercise in and you will have enough calories left to get a nice meal. I eat out quite a bit and stay on target without making things hard or awkward. Avoid the bread fillers on the table and get a nice lemon water to leave the calories for the food.
    It will work for you. Have fun and enjoy.
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself, but take it easy on the breads - ouch! If anything stick with a quarter piece of that!
  • millerne
    millerne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you ask at the Indian restraunt they can usually whip you something up if you tell them you want to avoid calories and salt!