Returning Member Seeking Support

Options
Well, here I am over two years after I originally signed up. I signed up originally seeking a way to keep track of my new vegan lifestyle. I lost 6 pounds and was extremely happy. About 7 months later I gained the 6 pounds and 7 more on top of that. My weight topped off at 167 (I'm 5'8 in height). I began working at a healthy lifestyle again last year around May (2010). I was somewhat successful in adding a daily workout routine into my life and healthier eating habits, however the scale barely recognized my efforts. I went through a stressful time in my life this past fall and dropped almost 30 pounds in two months. I stopped eating completely for six weeks due to stress and my weight fell to 135. As my life came back together I began to eat again but was unable to translate into healthy eating habits. I've been struggling for a few months now to eat and function in a healthy way while maintaining the weight I've lost. I have gained back almost 10 pounds in the past 4 months from eating normally.

My goal is to find a comfortable lifestyle that is maintainable but to still get to a weight somewhere near 130. Has anyone else gone though this?

Replies

• crys2008
    crys2008 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Luck!
    I too am trying to control my cravings & continue to lose weight & keep the weight I've already lost off! I've lost 23 pounds & I still need to lose 15 more!
  • Luv2Quilt47
    Options
    Don't forget, when you are working out and adding more muscle, it is harder to lose weight and might even gain especially now when you lost so suddenly. Muscle weighs more than fat but it consumes more calories and more efficiently. Don't worry too much about gaining as long as you are eating healthy and not giving into cravings that are just empty calories. If it's chocolate you crave, I find one piece of a dove dark chocolate from the bag at the end of my meal really helps. I look forward to it all day so I can put off eating other chocolate and the richness of that one piece is plenty for that night. Hang in there and be kind to yourself, be healthy!
  • Katehayes79
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement. I love the idea of getting pre-portioned candy... that will probably be a big help. Thanks for the tip