Down ten pounds, clothes still tight! UGH!

Options
My clothes must have had some serious stretch because even after losing ten pounds, my clothes still dont fit much better. I have lost inches. I am drinking tons of water and still feel bloated alot of the time. I watch my sodium and usually do pretty good with that. I only have a 20 minute lunch (I have to eat with the kids at school) and have to really hurry to get lunch eaten. I usually have salad with tuna, could it be the vegetables? Maybe Im just too full of water? I am just wonering if anyone else had this feeling?

4186348.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    lets see your diary!
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I drink a LOT of water, and my sodium is *usually* low... To counteract the water weight, I try to take water pills once a day. They do wonders for me!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    It took me to lose 22 lbs to get back into my smaller clothes...It will come in time...:happy:
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I drink a LOT of water, and my sodium is *usually* low... To counteract the water weight, I try to take water pills once a day. They do wonders for me!

What are water pills?
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we are all different, but it took 20 lbs for me to go down a size in my jeans. It could be stress, it could be you are over thinking this weight loss thing. I wish I had some kind of profound reason, but I don't. Just hand in there. We are all working toward the same goals. Hope you find the culprit!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm 20lbs lighter and my clothes still fit. Don't worry. They'll loosen eventually. At first it was discouraging, but I've now come to see it as a blessing. I don't have to spend money on 'transition' clothes. I'll just buy all new ones when I reach my goal. =)
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    They help you rid of excess water. I take Diurex.
  • apfeiff
    apfeiff Posts: 39
    Options
    I'd say if you are losing inches, that is what counts. I think I didn't notice my clothing feeling different until I lost 15 lbs. Just keep pushing yourself. I'm sure you're doing fine- just think about it- LOSING 10 lbs is not easy! Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. If you lose another 10 you will be glad you did.
    -Alison
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I have lost a little over twelve pounds since I restarted using MFP the end of January and my cloths still fit pretty much the same.:explode:
  • Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Options
    It's going to take a while for my clothes to fit better and a lot more effort on my part. I could gain twenty pounds and still fit in the same size clothing, but five more pounds, I'd have to move up to the next size. I would have to lose at least those twenty five pounds to fit back into the smaller ones.

And personally, I use hot water and fresh lemon juice to help with the bloating. The lemon juice actually comes from the lemon itself and it helps when the sodium intake is too much. Natural diuretic.
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are allergic to some of the foods you are eating. I just did an allergy test and I'm allergic to a whole list of foods, including healthy food (celery, corn, eggs). Once I took out all of these foods, I have been slowly losing weight. I know an allergy test is probably out of the question, but try to pay attention to what you eat and how bloated you feel after certain meals. I'm 13lbs down and I can feel the difference in some of my clothes.
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Don't take a diuretic just to lose weight. IF you are retaining water, consult a doctor to determine if it's detrimental to health and whether you need to address it, and THEN determine if dietary changes can solve the problem.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend taking any pills for water, unless prescribed by a doctor!!!!!

I lost 12 pounds and my 18's are not fitting any less tight, but I have less of a muffin-top!

Keep it up and it will take time...and depending on your height (I am 5'7") you may have to lose closer to 20 pounds before dropping a size!!!!!

Also...I find that when I cut out bread and pasta, I lose inches in my waist (not something everyone can do, but it works for me)! Maybe not cut them out, but reduce how much of them you eat...you can get plenty of fiber from veggies!

Open up your diary for better feedback! :happy:
  • christinacherrelle
    christinacherrelle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's your birth control? Conventional hormonal birth control can cause the body to retain water, and because it's essentially tricking your body into thinking it's pregnant, can tend to store fat easier. I know your issue stems not from inability to lose but just that I would mention. I am off hormonal BC and have DEFINITELY seen a change in bloating etc. Not to mention mood and all that.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I think we lose our weight in our waists and hips/butt last. the weight is coming off my legs and my arms a bit and now finally it's slowly coming off my waist. But you should go into a store and actually try on some new smaller sized pants. We've all stretched out our smaller pants trying to fit into them when we gained weight! Good luck!