Have any of you heard of Kevin Trudea

Options
proverbs31chick
proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
He wrote a book called "Natural Cures, What "They" Don't Want You To Know About" I have read here and there, seems pretty interesting. What are you thoughts about it?

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    Options

Actually, I have his book on my desk now. I was just wondering if other people that heard of him and what they thought.
  • aunfire82
    aunfire82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's based off of Dr. Simeon's work, "pounds and inches" and it points to the HCG diet. HCG is an "iffy" thing right now. There are doctors that love it and put their patients on it and others that say it is a fraud. If you do decide to follow I would encourage you to go through a doctor's office as over the counter HCG products have been considered as fraud per the FDA:

http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/fitness/weight-loss-challenge/2011-01-24-hcgdiet24_ST_N.htm
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Kevin Trudeau is a fraud. Do some research before you believe anything you read that's written by him,.,,,please!
  • aunfire82
    aunfire82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry, the Weight Loss they don't want you to know about is based off of Dr. Simeon's work. Not the book you are referencing.
  • aggi3guy
    aggi3guy Posts: 5
    Options
    Well, I think the first two paragraphs speak for themselves... he's been investigated for numerous things and convicted of credit card fraud well before he got into 'health books'. I think anyone who has a quality message to bring isn't going to be pitching it on some cheesy late night infomercial.
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    It's based off of Dr. Simeon's work, "pounds and inches" and it points to the HCG diet. HCG is an "iffy" thing right now. There are doctors that love it and put their patients on it and others that say it is a fraud. If you do decide to follow I would encourage you to go through a doctor's office as over the counter HCG products have been considered as fraud per the FDA:

http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/fitness/weight-loss-challenge/2011-01-24-hcgdiet24_ST_N.htm

Oh no, wasn't planning on following any of that HCG, the book is just interesting when it comes to the pharmaceutical companies. He believes they are just pushing these drugs to fill their pockets. He believes there are natural cures but if they were FDA approved a lot of companies would loose millions of dollars.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    No proof of claims

Trudeau has been criticized for his inability to provide substantial evidence to back up many of his claims. Although he provides anecdotal evidence, he has not provided evidence that such customer claims have been evaluated by a licensed medical practitioner. As such, any claims made by Trudeau or his supporters that his book or other business endeavors have helped people cannot be verified and are based solely on testimonials. In instances where Trudeau has been asked to provide proof of his claims, he has misinterpreted medical studies or cited dubious or fictitious studies. For example, Trudeau cited a nonexistent 25-year research study involving a natural cure for diabetes at the University of Calgary.[71] When Jake Tapper confronted him, Trudeau insisted that he had a copy of the study and would provide it, which he never did.[72] He now claims on his infomercials that the University destroyed its findings to prevent reprisals from the pharmaceuticals industry.
  • LaurenRoseMD
    Options
    I actually studied his work just last year...he's a nutter. He's a complete fraud. 99.8% percent of his claims are scientifically unsound and/or medically unsound. The other .2% have very little evidence behind them, but MIGHT turn out to be true with further scientific study.
    In truth, this guy is a greed, ignorant, money hound, and it's best to stay away from his products.