newly pregnant with 3rd and last

Options
Well, today I confirmed that I am pregnant. I started MFP in January and lost about 10lbs. Then I broke my toe and have been out of the country for 3 weeks so I kind of took a break from MFP. I know that being pregnant I don´t want to actively diet but I don´t want to gain too much weight or get out of shape either. This is my third and most likely our last baby. I was wondering what other pregnant mothers have done for excercise or diet. Do people still count calories? In the past I have endulged myself while pregnant and usually gained about 35-40lbs.
Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    There are some pregnancy topics around here. Congrats on the baby! :)
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Yay congrats!! I think prenatal yoga and walking is probably the BEST exercises while pregnant. Good for your for being concerned already about staying fit while pregnant. I know how hard it is, I have 2 little ones myself.
  • Sallysue211
    Options
    I have 3 children also and I just made sure I was eating healthy lots of fresh veggies and fruit. Also I know that doctors tell you whatever exercise you were doing before pregnant you can continue while pregnant just lower intensity, unless you have complications during pregnancy. Walking is great for you and helps in the delivery process! Congrats and good luck!
  • mizliz1981
    Options
    I was doing the 30 day melt down before and other jillian micheal dvds but I don´t know if that will work anymore. I was thinking I could do what ever part of the dvd that feels ok.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    talk to your dr, but i was told that the first few months of pregnancy you dont need to up your calories, and if your body is use to your current workout, you can keep on doing what your doing for a while...ive seen a couple of very pregnant ladies in a couple of my step classes.