cravings

Options
What do you guys do to fight those bad cravings. Man I wanted chickfila nuggets so bad today, but I didn't do it. Still craving something salty though. How do you push thru. My goal is to lose 11 pounds in 5 weeks.

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I give in to them. I usually get the nuggets with a salad instead of fries, and fat free honey mustard dressing. Today, however, the geniuses at Chikfila decided to give me fries anyway and I didn't notice until I got to work. Needless to say, lunch was a big fail for me today! lol
  • tiffnday
    tiffnday Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I only have cravings when the sun goes down. It's horrible how can you stop it?:sad:
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Chew gum and drink A LOT of diet coke!
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    my cravings are cereal
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I only have cravings when the sun goes down. It's horrible how can you stop it?:sad:

same here mine hit when I am home in the evenings and am board. I will drink special k protien drink mix in a bottle water. That helps a little. Or if I need something salty I will have about 25 Rolled Gold Stick pretzels.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options

I'm the same i do well all day then bam cravings kick in
  • paigemang♥
    Options
    I usually have the salt cravings when my kids eat their junk food....the salt and vinegar chips are the best, so I will have 1 or 2 but thats it. Or I have a pretzel with low fat cheese. That helps....as long as your not eating a hunk of velveeta with fries and chili I think you will be ok......damn chili fries sound good!!!!!!!! :ohwell:
  • jdgaley
    jdgaley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Grab an apple and remember why you started this diet in the first place! You can do it!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Chickfila and Chipotles are two of the restaurants I seem to not be able to say no to. I usually plan in advance before I eat at either place so that its a good workout day. As long as I have a light breakfast and a light dinner, I am usually able to stay within my 1200 calories even without a workout.

Use the food calculator to plan ahead! If I am craving something a lot, I give in once in awhile, this way I dont fall off the bandwagon all the time.
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    Try to figure out what the craving is and fill it in a low cal way. Craving salt? Have a cup of bouillon. - 10 cal Craving sweet - diet coke. And yes, sometimes I just fill up my stomache with water. Craving the sensation of chewing - gum.

Good luck.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    I just go to bed to watch t.v. when this happens. I have a rule: no more munching after bedtime. Since I'm farther from the kitchen it helps.

I'm the same i do well all day then bam cravings kick in
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I use a four-really rule from Am I Hungry.....
    Do I really, really, really REALLY want it?
    If I'm going to eat everything else in sight to avoid it I might as well have it and enjoy it. No guilt.
    There are no 'cheat days" no "Starting over" no going "off plan"
    There is always moving forward living life. :happy:
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS crave something salty. It's terrible.

I usually have pretzels, assorted nuts, or some triscuits. Those seem to help me.

Sometimes you have to give in though! It's ok. Just watch your portions that's all.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    I just read an article by the "eat this not that" guy and Chic fi la isnt as bad as most chicken fast food
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/chik-fil-a/chicken-nuggets/ meals.
    Chickfila and Chipotles are two of the restaurants I seem to not be able to say no to. I usually plan in advance before I eat at either place so that its a good workout day. As long as I have a light breakfast and a light dinner, I am usually able to stay within my 1200 calories even without a workout.

Use the food calculator to plan ahead! If I am craving something a lot, I give in once in awhile, this way I dont fall off the bandwagon all the time.
  • stacy3333
    stacy3333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So you're saying I can have chickfila :) I didn't today. I really love their breakfast too - and I had a protein bar and a skinny latte from starbucks. Its more than anything hard to change those habits of grabbing fast food and going.
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Try to figure out what the craving is and fill it in a low cal way. Craving salt? Have a cup of bouillon. - 10 cal Craving sweet - diet coke. And yes, sometimes I just fill up my stomache with water. Craving the sensation of chewing - gum.

Good luck.

i do the same with drinking water and chewing gum
    try to find alternatives........ i wanted icecream last night luckily i had some dryers sugar free fruit popsicles which are 25 cal.... wasnt the same but it helped.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a well balanced breakfast and a snack before lunch and if i decide i'm going out for lunch, I plan ahead on what i'm going to order.

You may want to consider checking out the websites to your favorite fast food places and looking at the menu & nutritional information. That way you can be prepared and plan ahead what you're going to eat.

As an example - when I go to subway, i get the following: 6 inch wheat turkey w/ no mayo (only mustard), all the veggies it can hold (extra jalepenos, PLEASE!) and an iced tea. Usually I get the baked lays and that helps curb my salt craving and i'm not going over horribly on calories.