Has TOM changed?

Options
Men - I'd steer clear of this one...really....go back to the boards...I'm not responsible for any information you may read that upsets you...

Ladies -

Has your TOM changed? At all? Since I started this journey, both cycles have been completely weird. Not near as long or heavy. Sorry for the tmi - but I'm just curious. I'm wondering if maybe since I'm not near as overweight as I used to be, even though I'm still overweight, maybe it's just trying to adjust as well.

Just wondering - not that I'm complaining!!

Replies

• Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    For me, it still comes at the same time each month but I have noticed since I have been working out that it has been lighter.
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    You should notice a slight decrease in flow and symptoms. My crampage isn't nearly as bad as it used to be, although I am quite surly without my sweets - so THAT hasn't changed.
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    it is typical that you have lighter TOM's and they can be at different times also. I noticed the first month I was really putting in exercise time, mine was late. I'm hoping it starts to get lighter too! Will let you know as the visit is coming any day now!!
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    ditto
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hooray for lighter TOM's!!

Thanks for your responses ladies! Have a great rest of the day!
  • TinaHall1228
    Options
    I havent had one since starting my diet and exercise but this is very good info.... :o)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I actually put a stop to my 2 week endometriosis induced painful cycles by exercising and eating right. One of the things we're cautioned about in certification is to watch out for clients that exercise excessively or appear to have eating disorders because excessive exercise and under nutrition can cause a condition known as ammenorrhea (Sorry if I misspelled that, but I'm a trainer not an English teacher. :wink: ) which is when the period stops completely. It happens a lot in gymnasts. When I started having issues with endometriosis, the doctors tried several different drugs to get my hormones back in line. I wasn't back to normal until I quit taking their meds and tried to exercise my way to ammenorrhea on purpose. I never quite made it to a complete stoppage, but I went from 2 weeks a month of super heavy to 3 days of light. I've found the balance of exercise and rest that makes me comfortable with my cycle and haven't had to take another pill for it. My professors now have a saying of "Exercise IS Medicine" and I'm proof that for endometriosis or heavy cycles, it really can be the best medicine.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I know mine was really wacky when i changed my diet and cut way way back on carbs. When I started exercising they end quicker. (no complaining about that!)
  • Dianielle
    Dianielle Posts: 50
    Options
    I dont cramp as bad, but the flow is still as Bad and Heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huugh I hate the damn TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Prior to the start of losing 47 pounds, I had only 2 period in 4 years. I weighed 315 pounds so I'm guessing being at that weight was hard on my body so my periods just stopped and the doctors didn't know what was going on. After I lost the first 20-25 pounds they started up again like clockwork every month BUT, they are so very heavy! I have never had to deal with a heavy period or majot cramping as mine have always been on the lighter side and only for about 3-4 days. I'm not used to this, and the cramping, OMG is BADDDDDD!!!!!!! In fact, last month the cramping was sooooo bad I was using a heating pad and I had it on my stomache which was fine but because I had back surgery back in 2005 I don't have much feeling in my stomache area and the skin is very fraile, I ened up not feeling the extreme heat and ended up with a huge blister which I didn't even know until the next day only beacuse it was leaking fluid and now i am dealing with a huge open sore. The doctors gave me some Silverdine cream but this is so annoying, I wish it would heal up already. So yes, my periods have changed for the worst but maybe thats becasue I'm getting older and close to menapause. I loved not having a period but my doctor told me that it could cause some type of female cancer if it didn't start and she sent me for a bunch of painful test and all for nothing! All I had to do was lose some weight...go figure! I hate that TOM too!
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well I know when I lost about 80lbs years ago I had a long absence of my period - 4 years and a few months. I was told to put on more weight(LIKE HELL) but I ended up doing so, and then got my period again. It was a good four years, lol. But again i had about a year lack of just a while ago, and was told to take birth control to regulate it. So far they've been as regular as they can be with me I guess. I was told I was low in Estrogen which may of had a play in the second stint. But weight loss(especially high - I lost like 70lbs in under a year when I was 17) so that can shock your body - lol, but it should come back .. mine was just a funny case I guess.