Kettle Bells

Options
Does anyone workout with Kettle Bells an what results have you seen?

Replies

• RussianLynx
    Options
    Kettlebells are amazing. Kettlebell swings are an amazing way to do muscle-building and cardio at the same time.

I've noticed that my shoulders are way stronger and better defined than when I was lifting weights at the gym. Now, I sculpt upper-body using nothing but kettlebells.

Proper form is important to get good results.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No. but what are Kettle bells? I am really curious because I have seen that alot on here!! Wish I could help!
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    They're a Russian thing. Basically, a cannonball with a handle.
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian Michael's kettlebell workout & LOVE it! I reached my goal weight in about 40 days & have really started to see some great muscle definition in my legs, core & arms. As my 3 yr old just said a few minutes ago, "Mommy, your thighs don't jiggle so much when you walk now." :D Gotta love the honesty of the little ones right?
  • xLaurenex
    xLaurenex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been to one Kettlercise class and I loved it! Yes it was a bit hard, and I ached all the next day (I hadn't exercised for a while) but I had such a good time and can't wait to go again. I can already feel that it has made a difference.
    In England, they are trying to make Kettlercise the new boxercise or equivalent, 'Kettlercise - one piece of equipment, one goal!'
    I would definitely recommend. :-)
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have just started to add kettlebells to my weekly exercise...The rumours are true,they are tough,but fun and challenging.I would definitely recommend them.
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my kettlebell, I have been working out with a 10lb to Jillian Shred it with Weights, my results, for me the kettlebell challenge my muscles in a different way from traditional free weights, I burn more calories in 30 minutes then regular cardio workouts.

If you need some other workout ideas, go to http://myomytv.com, she has some great workouts.... :smile:
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about kettle bells, I know target sells the bells with a dvd I think I might use this so I don't pay for a gym membership...thanks
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Does anyone workout with Kettle Bells an what results have you seen?

Kettle balls routines make for good full body workouts using compound movements.

Just let it be known this is no new fad. Kettele balls were around in the 1800's.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I take a Kettle Bell class twice a week and I also do it on my own once a week. I have only been at it for three weeks now, but I can tell all of my back/shoulder muscles are getting stronger and I am beginning to see definition in some areas. The class I take incorporates cardio into it and so you are getting both a good cardio and kettlebell class.
  • amdevito
    amdevito Posts: 7
    Options
    How long do you workout for?