need help! can't kick the sugar

Options
I am addicted to sugary snacks. I baked cookies and used to eat a pint of ben & jerry's EVERYDAY. Now that i'm turning a new leaf, I need to find a snack/dessert that is fulfilling and low cal. I'd appreciate any advice :)

Replies

• justnicole08
    justnicole08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to sugary snacks. I baked cookies and used to eat a pint of ben & jerry's EVERYDAY. Now that i'm turning a new leaf, I need to find a snack/dessert that is fulfilling and low cal. I'd appreciate any advice :)
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello Pudding Cups! They are chocolately and creamy and cool and only 60 calories...love them!
  • dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i love the jell-o brand pudding snacks of dulce de leche....vanilla pudding with caramel on top....it is to die for!!! and only 60 calories!
  • dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    we just posted that at the exact same time!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    we just posted that at the exact same time!

lol just goes to show how good they are!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I think if you wean yourself off of junk food you'll soon find that it doesn't feel good to eat anymore..I'll take my fave: a huge smoothie made with two bananas, light soymilk, some sweetnlow, vanilla extract over a pint of any ice cream any day.....it's filling and doesn't make you feel like you need to get sick afterwards!!!! Keep on trying, it gets a lot easier and feeling thin feels way better than feeling all hopped up on sugar!! Welcome and congrats on your new life change!!
  • jnb0203
    jnb0203 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh I love my sweets as well! Its been hard, but I have been relying on a lot of fruit when I get a sweet craving and that does help!

When I absolutly need something sweet, I will eat a piece of sugar free dove. It is really good and I eat it really slowly to get the full effect, LOL. If you are an ice cream eater maybe you could look into some of the sugar free options out there. I have some family members that are diabetic and I think I overheard one of them telling me Breyers makes a sugar free ice cream that is made with splenda. I'm unsure of the calories, but maybe you could check it out!
  • jnb0203
    jnb0203 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just saw under the recipes folder a recipe made by another member that looks very good! I hope I copied this link right, but here it is!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/26237-teeny-weeny-creamy-oreo-peanut-butter-poppers
  • carak2000
    Options
    100 calorie packs are awesome. They have them for cookies, chocolate, candies, etc.! Also, vitamuffins are great - especially the chocolate ones if you're looking for something sweet.