help needed

Options
Would like some help. My job sometimes requires that I stand in one position for hours in the same position. I intermittently feel faint and light headed and may need to stop. To offset this, I use sweets but obviuosly this is not helpful when trying to lose weight especially as I have a sweet tooth already. Any healthier advise would be appreciated.

Replies

• Kristen713
    Options
    try chewing a sugar free gum... i've had it help with me and it's fine for someone trying to watch their weight... hope it helps
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Or dried apricots are really good for a quick sugar boost, but the effect lasts much longer!
  • Gardner1391
    Options
    I'd be looking at your blood pressure more than sweets. If you stand straight and lock your knees for long periods it can inhibit blood flow and cause you to feel faint. If sweets make you feel better then your blood sugar might be low, in which case I'd have to ask if you noticed this before dieting of after. If its only started after you might need to eat more - but choose healthier sugars over sweets. like an apple or orange.
  • kalejaiye
    kalejaiye Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice; will try all of them. The problem is actually long-standing but slightly worse when I am being healthyand I have a slightly low blood pressure.