Insanity - Are you doing it?

Options
kms1981
kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
My husband wanted Insanity so I got it for him...now I am wondering if I can do it too. I am not "fit" and wonder if it is worth trying. Are there any success stories that you want to share? Were you unsure when you started?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Unsure is an understatement, I was scared to death. I kept seeing that infomercial with all those 20 year olds doing the program. But it can be done. Take breaks when you need to, hit pause, drink plenty of water.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    It should be in my mailbox tonight! YAY! I am going to give it a try. At least do the fit test and if it has a beginning workout. I am not going to go all for it until I am done with ChaLEAN Extreme which I have a week and a half left.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just started Day 1 of Insanity....it's hard but nothing is impossible! just keep that going in your head and push yourself!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Have you done the fit test that comes with the dvds? Start there and start slow, take breaks and you can get through it!..i have been doing it, but i will be honest i dont love it...the trainer annoys me to death!! haha i love other beachbody dvds, but Shawn T is NOT for me...however i do get a great workout...so i turn the volume way down and focus on the the moves, and end up drenched it sweat, so it may be worth to get annoyed(i havent decieded yet) Good Luck!!!!
  • racloud
    racloud Posts: 10
    Options
    You GO GIRL!!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't do the whole program. I do the 20min fast and furious version cause of time. When I started it was really hard but it gets better and like I said I can't speak for the whole program. I think you are perfectly capable of giving it a shot and see if it works for you! It def burns some major calories!!!
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    I am totally out of shape and I am doing it!! I take some breaks every once in a while, because I feel like I'm dying lol But I would recommend trying it!! :)
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it every-other day. I swim on the off days. IT IS HARD, but you CAN do it! Make sure you take breaks, pause the DVD if you need to. My legs look better than they ever have, and my cardio endurance has definitely gone up! I've been doing it for (almost) the last 3 weeks. I log it under "circuit training, general" in my exercises, as I don't have a heart rate monitor. Also, I go with the calories that MFP recommends, and not the Insanity eating plan. Don't be scared! You can do it all alone in your living room, with as many breaks as you need. DO IT! :happy:
  • fatguitarist
    fatguitarist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did the first 30 days... barely... it's intense. I couldn't do the entire workout on the second set of discs. Good luck, you can do anything you put your mind to. My wife just brought up starting the program again, so I think we will this weekend.
  • meljean30
    meljean30 Posts: 22
    Options
    There is ALOT of PLYO in that workout.. no JOKE! Wheni first started it ( a year ago or so) i was 40 50- lb heavier and it KILLED my feet. I made the choice to keep going, but i did have to modify some of the moves.. like tuck jumps.. id do deep squats or squat jumps instead.. or the burpees, if you do them with wide legs.. its easier ( JUST A LITTLE) and you can work your way into the full swing of it. SQUAT jacks were really hard for me at first.. so at first i either did just the squat part. or jumping jacks. NOW when i do it. I can do all those plyo moves SOO much better. If you need any advice on anything.. just ask!! ive been there!!
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh and do we need anything besides ourselves to do this program? Any equipment or weights?
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nope! Just a towel and lots of water!