Very annoyed...(My personal rant. Ignore me and this message

Options
Gahiji
Gahiji Posts: 2 Member
I understand people in the myfitnesspal community trying to help out by making certain items available to the community as a whole when not already listed...

But SERIOUSLY... Trying to decipher your specific combo of items is a complete waste of time.

List the items as provided by the company/restaurant...if we want to save it as a meal fine...but trying to figure out your

IE - 1/4 chicken, 1/8 steak, 5/8 barbacoa, double lettuce, extra corn salsa, no cheese, rice, 1/4 serving guacamole, no sour cream, tortilla on the side, smile from the cashier, hug from the person who took my empty tray "bowl", from Chipotle is annoying!!! (I'm exaggerating slightly)...

...Or the 40 other variations of ingredient combinations that show up...when all I'm trying to do is look for "Chipotle Corn Salsa".

Keep your dang "special" combo on your own personal list....you are NOT doing the community any favors.

It's gotten to the point that I don't trust almost ANYTHING that is user input...I find myself adding everything myself from scratch to avoid the inaccuracies. Which basically defeats the purpose of having a "database".

Please don't do this...

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!!! Wish MFP would go through and delete it all. Force people to add it to their OWN list.
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    I agree. I will add most things that are in the database that are completely accurate, after observing the label versus the database. But my own recipes or meals, I add them together myself in the recipe. Each time it asks if you want to add it to the database, and I say no. That's only because some people make things their own way. My basil pork chops may be completely different than someone else's. I would love all brands of foods that you use as ingredients or whatever are in the database, but not necessarily recipes.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I third that. I think that it is time for MFP to clean up the database. How many entries for 1 cup of fat-free milk do you need, really?
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!! It can get fusterating and yes I usually double check everything now to be sure its correct
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I know!!! I get so frustrated esp when trying to do it on my phone!!!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    You think Chipotle is bad? Try doing a search for "Moe's Joey Bag of Donuts" - OMG!!!! I completely understand you're rant and I'm right there with you!!!!!
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree too! Drives me a little batty.....
  • jjjuuunnniiieee
    Options
    Very good point, I've noticed this as well!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I third that. I think that it is time for MFP to clean up the database. How many entries for 1 cup of fat-free milk do you need, really?

Exactly!!! Then, trying to figure out which one of a zillion is the right one.
    I'd rather find the needle in the haystack!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    YESSS!!! If I have anything new....it takes me FOREVER to find the right one that is correct because so many people add their "own special" foods. KEEP THEM IN YOUR OWN DIARY AND DON'T MAKE THEM PUBLIC!!! You're screwing with everyone...and it's a PAIN.

Also..the "whatever-homemade" drives me NUTS! Yes..you made it 'homemade" but everyone has different recipes, so keep it in your PRIVATE DIARY!!
  • swiss31
    swiss31 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Amen!!!!!!!!!!! Chipotle and Qdoba listings on here are absurd!!! Even the ones for Subway get a little carried away!!!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Can the people that made these go back and delete them? If they could...it would be really nice if they did!! :) hint hint :)
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    TESTIFY!
  • beckamarie
    Options
    DITTO!!:noway:
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    the "HOMEMADE" doesnt bother me much especially if they list what they used... because i use those one (i never ever add my own, takes too much time)

BUT YES the restaurant ones are so annoying or the duplicates that all have a different calorie. I usually just google what i am eating and quick calorie if i am unsure.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options

there are about 50 billion different brands of milk and the calorie count can vary. depending on what i/my roommates buy, i DO need the different listings. thanks.

also, OP, if you want people to ignore something, try not posting it next time. no need to stir people up if you don't want to be paid attention to.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I understand people in the myfitnesspal community trying to help out by making certain items available to the community as a whole when not already listed...

But SERIOUSLY... Trying to decipher your specific combo of items is a complete waste of time.

List the items as provided by the company/restaurant...if we want to save it as a meal fine...but trying to figure out your

IE - 1/4 chicken, 1/8 steak, 5/8 barbacoa, double lettuce, extra corn salsa, no cheese, rice, 1/4 serving guacamole, no sour cream, tortilla on the side, smile from the cashier, hug from the person who took my empty tray "bowl", from Chipotle is annoying!!! (I'm exaggerating slightly)...

...Or the 40 other variations of ingredient combinations that show up...when all I'm trying to do is look for "Chipotle Corn Salsa".

Keep your dang "special" combo on your own personal list....you are NOT doing the community any favors.

It's gotten to the point that I don't trust almost ANYTHING that is user input...I find myself adding everything myself from scratch to avoid the inaccuracies. Which basically defeats the purpose of having a "database".

Please don't do this...

just to let you know, chipotlefan.com has a burrito builder thing that tells you the calories of each individual ingredient ...i use it often.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I looked for an item today. It was listed 4 times - and only ONE of the four matched the website nutrition information from the vendor. I just went in and put "Correct" next to the one that matched the mfg directions.

One thing I think comes in handy, I go to the vendors website first - if they have one - and generally there is a way to customize - then I just find the one close - and make it .75 or .5 - depending on my calorie reduction by removing cheese for example. I figure if I'm within a few 10 or 20 calories, I round up and call it good.

I agree - MFP website needs to clean house on some of these numerous duplicates.

Have you ever looked up a banana - good luck - they range from 90 to 170 calories.
  • Gahiji
    Gahiji Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry...old habits die hard...

When you want someone to look...you say "DON'T LOOK" ...people are bound to look.

That being said I was worried I might get flamed...but was very pleasantly surprised to find that almost everyone feels the same way!

If I have any complaints about MFP it is this...I really appreciate and enjoy the community, advice, website, etc.