I'm just gonna put this out there

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
I'm sure all (if not most) of you regularly count calories & measure foods, etc.

I can often be found in my kitchen reading over the nutrition guide & counting out 18 french fries, 15 crackers, etc. It may look ridiculous, but it works!

Anyways, does anyone else hate when you're nearing the end of the bag of fries, or crackers & most of (the said foods) are broken or crumbled. It's like NOW WHAT?? I find myself milling around the bottom of the box, scrounging to find enough pieces of cracker to make 1 piece so I can count it. It's like having to do a puzzle before you can eat. So annoying!! :(

LOL

I always just "hope" I picked just the right number of pieces to equal 1 cracker or 1 french fry, but FRACK! For the sake of my sanity, the food should either STOP crumbling, or i need to stop eating food that crumbles :)

Replies

• jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    very funny!! Sounds like a serious problem!!
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I just weigh, or go stuff it, close enough. I know some people care about 10-20 calories, but I don't care if I'm off by a little bit, so just do a best guess.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Your funny! :laugh: :laugh:
    OR You could weigh the whole serving if you have a scale. It usually says something like 13 crackers (34 g) so then you can have exactly a serving broken or not! :tongue: :bigsmile:
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm sure all (if not most) of you regularly count calories & measure foods, etc.

I can often be found in my kitchen reading over the nutrition guide & counting out 18 french fries, 15 crackers, etc. It may look ridiculous, but it works!

Anyways, does anyone else hate when you're nearing the end of the bag of fries, or crackers & most of (the said foods) are broken or crumbled. It's like NOW WHAT?? I find myself milling around the bottom of the box, scrounging to find enough pieces of cracker to make 1 piece so I can count it. It's like having to do a puzzle before you can eat. So annoying!! :(

LOL

I always just "hope" I picked just the right number of pieces to equal 1 cracker or 1 french fry, but FRACK! For the sake of my sanity, the food should either STOP crumbling, or i need to stop eating food that crumbles :)

Omg, I did this with my organic corn chips just last night! I was taking the pieces, and trying to make a triangle corn chip, just to know exactly how many I was consuming! LOL

That's hilarious!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I did the cracker puzzle this morning when packing my lunch! I was trying to get 10 crackers and had only 8 whole ones. It is so annoying!. I ended up with close to 10 crackers...I think :smile:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Uugghhhhh...makes me miss Pringles!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I go through this with Baked Scoops for taco salads, drives me nuts, I'm literally looking at them to see if the pieces match up.
  • misty1208
    misty1208 Posts: 90
    Options
    LOL too funny! I threw away a ton or quakes the other day because they were all broken and i didnt want to try and put them together and guess. :tongue:
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    haha i do that all the time. My brother is always like " let me guess 110 calories?" yep :)
    Im getting used to the portion control so out with my friends i dont do that i will seem completely obsessed with serving size
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    LOL That sounds like an issue you might wanna get checked out!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    LOL can you say OCD?
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    LOL I count out 13 french fries so I can half the serving calories of 27! I broke down and bought a food scale to weigh with, you never know when you may need it!
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Very funny indeed! But I do the same thing sometimes...But honestly, I really doubt an extra crumb or two will break your efforts :smile:
  • AmyKessler
    Options
    I do the same thing, but I try not to be too crazy about it since I don't record all of my fidgeting and stuff liking walking around the grocery store. I figure it evens out in the end.

Thanks for making me feel like less of a weirdo though!
  • Beth_1217
    Beth_1217 Posts: 29
    Options
    Omg, I do this too.... as a matter of fact, just yesterday morning I got to the bottom of a box of Special K crackers and they were all broken up and it made me a little nuts... :embarassed:
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i am super OCD about measuring and weighing things.
    i have a digital food scale. its a lifesaver :)
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    This is so funny! I am afraid if I eat too many of the broken pieces that I will go WAY overboard! Easy to get the idea that the broken ones don't count or something! LOL!
  • mowrynation
    Options
    Broken pieces lose their calories:drinker: ... oh.. wait..that's right they do! :blushing: in my past life they didn't! LOL
    Good for you , and a scale might be less annoying to you :happy:
  • meghantkav
    meghantkav Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh instead! The weight is more accurate than my sketchy counting skills... :smile:
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! Have you heard of "Veggie Straws"? They are made kinda like hot fries (the chips) but a little bigger. 38 of them is 130 calories and 15 carbs. 38 straws are a whole bowl full. I hate the broken ones!! Another thing I hate is when I get to the bottom of the bag and there are only like 23 left or something and I can't get a whole serving!! My kitchen probably looks much like yours. I have a basket that holds 3 sets of measuring cups, 2 sets of measuring spoons, and a food scale!! People who don't take this journey seriously have no idea the time and effort that goes in to planning, preparing, and serving a meal! But....it is well worth it!! I commend you for all the measuring you do! Its nice to know I'm not the only one!