Is this good enough?

Options
i ate 1095 calories today. i burned 611 but didn't eat those calories. is this enough food? i feel full. & my goal is 1,350

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you'll be fine.
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Try not to go below 1100-1200 cals. Google starvation mode, going to low on cals puts ur body there. Holding onto fat as a reserve and breaking down muscle as its supply for energy. U will lose weight going this low obviously but the goal to lose weight is to be healthy, yes?? Sometimes u think your hungry and its just a bad habit and sometime u think u are hungry because u are. Now getting to figure out the difference really helps. Starvation mode is a fact, so be careful, especially when u work out:-)
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    that is a net of about 400. seems way to low too me.
  • LaurenRoseMD
    Options
    i ate 1095 calories today. i burned 611 but didn't eat those calories. is this enough food? i feel full. & my goal is 1,350

So, your total consumption was 1,095 calories and you burned 611. This suggests that you ate a net total of 484 calories, and that is NOT OK.

However, if you're saying that your actual NET CALORIE INTAKE (TOTAL CONSUMPTION LESS EXERCISE) was 1,095 you're not too far off, and should be just fine. If the 1,095 is your net and not gross then you still should up your intake by about 100 calories per day.

IF the 1,095 is the gross and not the net then you are well below the starvation threshold and should up your intake by about 700 calories per day.

I really hope the 1,095 is your NET. Please clarify.
  • yazi_livefit
    yazi_livefit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's okay for one day, however in general you should not go below 1200 cal a day. In order to lose weight you will have to eat smaller portions every two hours or you will shut down your metabolism. Oh, and don't forget to hydrate!
  • marieisthecool
    marieisthecool Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with this too. a lot of the time I don't eat "enough" but won't be hungry. especially on days that I go to bikram. I think it's because I fill myself up by rehydrating.