P90 Workout

Options
About a month ago, I tried this workout and could not make it through the first few minutes. I set it aside and used other workout DVD's, walking outside, and going to the gym to try and build up my endurance. I was so suprised when I put the video in last night and was able to complete the first workout except for the ab portion. I was sweating and out of breath but I did it. I can't wait to do this workout again tonight. I was truly proud of myself.

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    that is good to hear, I keep debating whether or not I can make it through enough of the videos to make it a good purchase for me. Good job coming back to it, and even better job for getting through it.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think the secret to P90X is to start very low impact. They are pretty intense and if you try and match them one-for-one in the beginning, you will have trouble finishing the entire tape and your body will be VERY sore for a few days. If you tone it down in the beginning and work your way up slowly, it can be a great program.

I started P90X three times getting a bit farther every time. It wasn't until I really scaled it back that I was able to stick with it.

--Carter
  • pisceanangel
    Options
    I have the dvd and it's collecting dust at home. I guess it's time that I bring it out, hopefully the 30 days I spent with Jillian Michaels have brought up my endurace.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    P90 if you're referrin' to 'Power90'

The first day I did Power90 on Dec 6 2010 - I thought I was goin' to die...! Ab Ripper 100 - Tony you want me to do what??? Bicycles I hated sooooo much...

The next day I couldn't even walk - I ached everywhere....LOL :laugh: I did my 90 days...and 90 days later as of March 5 2011 - I have this new body to be proud of...

I just finished Day 2 of P90X Lean version - let me tell you - tomorrow when I wake up - I think I'm goin' to be sore.... :laugh:

xo
  • EricaL10
    EricaL10 Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE the ab rippper. That is the only part I do. You have to be sorta strong to do P90X in general. My husband and I have tried and failed to use it twice now. I am going to the gym and walking and doing some strength exercises there. My husband is trying his luck at the P90X system, and I am doing the ab ripper M-W-F's. I sucked at it last night, but it was day one.

KEEP up the good work ladies!!!!!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love the P90 workouts. I was exercising for a month before starting it, so I wasn't coming at it from completely out of the blue - and that helped a whole lot. I was still sore the first couple of days, but that cleared up quickly enough. The Ab Ripper is aptly named. I really had a tough time getting through them all initially (had to do 5 reps, stop, 5 reps, stop, etc.), but now I can get through them without a big problem. I'm definitely seeing a difference already, as I really hadn't done any strength training at all prior to this.

Stick with it, and it will get easier, and you won't feel as sore after a week or so. We have a P90 support group thread in this forum where we post about our workouts and ramblings - feel free to join us there.

Edited to add the link to the P90 support thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/155744-looking-for-other-p90-support?page=20#posts-2504815
  • dcberg00
    dcberg00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with what has been said above.... start off slowly. P90X is pretty intense. Use lighter weights to start, do push up on the knees and so forth. You will be amazed at what you will be able to do as you progress. If you start off going as hard as you think you can, you will have difficulty finishing. I am in my second attempt (the first was derailed by a broken nose) and I feel pretty good with it. My wife is doing it with me and for right now we are even skipping the "bonus" sections. We are just trying to get our bodies used to it. We figure if we can make it through the first 90 days, we can start up again and going a bit harder next time. It's all about starting and sticking with it!!

Best of luck!