Inroducing myself & hoping to get some recipe ideas.

MrsBellot
MrsBellot Posts: 7
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone,
I joined yesterday & I'm hoping to lose 65-70 pounds. After getting pregnant with our 2nd son my weight ballooned and I haven't been successful in getting it under control. Any help with healthy recipes or meal ideas are welcomed! I look forward to sharing a success story one day in the future!

Replies

• Oh man! There are so many I've found recently... Chicken Chile (amazing), vegetarian baked spring rolls, chocolate angel food with a mousse made from fat free cool whip and sugar/fat free pudding, Texas Caviar, ...

Prevention/Roudale has bunch of good ones and so does allrecipes.com. I'll see if I can figure out how to share my recipes...
  • MoMoves
    MoMoves Posts: 36
    I recently got magazine subscriptions to "Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking" and "Cooking Light"....jam packed with great recipies thay my husband and I are loving! Of course you can probably find alot of them on line too! I love that they include new recipies, as well as "makeover recipies" where they re-work classics and bring down the calorie counts by hundreds! :-)

Best of luck with your journey to being a healthier you!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Check out skinnytaste.com She's got some amazing recipes that will help balance the new need/focus on portion control with the cravings for bad food that ALWAYS happen... also, check out allrecipes.com. They have a section (you have to dig a little, but it's in there) of meals with under 300 calories and people can post reviews about them. I've never made anything from either sight that wasn't delicious!
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    www.eatbetteramerica.com has some great recipes. Ive used several of them here lately.
  • drattu
    drattu Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,
    I joined yesterday i want to lose 70 pounds for my wedding which is in october ive tried a lot of diffrent diets not really been helpfull
    i could use suggestions help as to loosing wieght i do go to gym 3 times a week i am trying just not getting there.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I joined yesterday & I'm hoping to lose 65-70 pounds. After getting pregnant with our 2nd son my weight ballooned and I haven't been successful in getting it under control. Any help with healthy recipes or meal ideas are welcomed! I look forward to sharing a success story one day in the future!

Welcome to a very fun, very supportive group, where we laugh, we cry, we gripe, and best of all lose the weight.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    www.eatbetteramerica.com has some great recipes. Ive used several of them here lately.

Thank you for the new site to play with. I didn't have that one.:bigsmile:
  • Delicious Lasagna Rolls (246 calories each)
    A - Veg Onion Raw Chopped 1/2 Cup, 0.5 cup
    Mccormick - Basil, Dried, 1 Tsp.
    Spices - Oregano, dried, 1 tsp, leaves \
    Spice World - Minced Garlic, 3 tsp
    Great Value - Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles, 9.6 oz
    Francesco Rinaldi - Three Cheese Spaghetti Sauce, 1 cup
    Beef - Ground, 95% lean meat / 5% fat, patty, cooked, pan-broiled (hamburger), 634 g
    Generic - Tomato (Roma), 1 Tomato
    Del Monte - Leaf Spinach - No Salt Added, 1 container
    Great Value - Tomato Sauce, 2 cup Generic - Tomato Diced, 2 cup
    Kraft - Fat Free Shredded Mozarella Cheese, 3/4 cup
    Private Selection - Grated Parmesean Cheese, 1 oz/ 1/4 cup
    Bel Gioioso - Asiago Cheese, 1 oz

Cook the noodles, puree the spinach, cook the meat, mix the spinach, tomatoes, sauces, spices and meat. roll up 1/4 cup on each noodle and pour the rest over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 till the cheese is slightly browned.
  • Thanks! I would love it if you could share the recipes! I don't mean to sound dumb, but what is Texas caviar?
  • Thanks for the well wishes & ideas of the magazines, I will certainly look into it as cooking is one of my passions.
  • Thanks bunches for the skinnytaste.com suggestion, I'm a member of allrecipes.com but I hadn't noticed the 300 calories section. With great low cal/fat recipes I think I can do this!:wink:
  • Thanks bunches for the skinnytaste.com suggestion, I'm a member of allrecipes.com but I hadn't noticed the 300 calories section. With great low cal/fat recipes I think I can do this!:wink:
  • Texas Caviar is a mix of black beans, corn, black eyed peas, cilantro and pico de gallo...so good, so fresh...
This discussion has been closed.