Anybody wanna start the 30 Day Shred?

Options
I am going to start the 30 Day Shred tonight! Thought it would be great if a group of pple could do it together to keep the motivation up!

Replies

• cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    I"ll start with you. I'll have to start tomorrow morning.
  • chopper91
    chopper91 Posts: 47
    Options
    I just bought the biggest loser 30 day shred today.
  • chopper91
    chopper91 Posts: 47
    Options
    Are you talking about the one from the biggest loser....lol I am all new to this weightloss program thing..lol
  • bassett8807
    bassett8807 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What is a 30 day shred? Sounds interesting.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Its jillian michaels 30 day shred.
    Ive been doing it about a week.
    Label it under circuit training.
    Whoops my booty!
  • MRudman
    MRudman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I want in! I just started it this morning. The thing is I leave on the 18th for a week long cruise and won't be able to do it that week. As others have said, maybe some days along the way I can double up and still get the same results. Let's get skinny! :wink:
  • SlimGem80
    SlimGem80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, This is a really good idea. I'm on day 9 of my 30 day shred. I read loads about this online and most people said they were exhausted, couldn't walk for days and after day one had to leave it for 3 days before they could restart. It's really not all that bad. Yeah it's hard work and you'll be hot, sweaty and out of breath but it's manageable. I was aching the next day but not so bad that i couldn't carry on.
    I've just sat down on the sofa after doing my day 9 workout. I don't ache everyday like i did on day 1-3 but I am still pausing for a 5second break every now and again, mainly because some of the exercises make my legs really ache like mad when doing them. I enjoy doing the DVD but my last day of level one is tomorrow and i'm not looking forward to moving on to level 2. I wish you all the luck in the world, the results from this DVD look briliant when i've seen photos of before and after that people have done. I'll keep an eye on your post to see how you are doing and hope you get some other poeple doing it too. I bought the DVD for £4.99 on Amazon and for the workout you get, that's very good value for money.
    Good luck :-)
  • MRudman
    Options
    Whoops my booty!

I saw some people say they log it your way and get about 275 calories burned. However, I saw where someone else wore their HRM while doing level one of it and she burned 475. That being said, I have created my own exercise called "30 day shred", and put in 350 calories just so that I will be somewhere in between. What do you all think?
  • eoisom
    eoisom Posts: 14
    Options
    Heck yeah!!! So glad you posted this. Tonight was my first night too! So glad to have support. I'll be adding you as a friend.:happy:
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Whoops my booty!

I saw some people say they log it your way and get about 275 calories burned. However, I saw where someone else wore their HRM while doing level one of it and she burned 475. That being said, I have created my own exercise called "30 day shred", and put in 350 calories just so that I will be somewhere in between. What do you all think?

It really depends on you personally (age, weight etc). I personally only burn about 200 calories doing the 30 day shred. A HRM is really the only way to know for sure!
  • MRudman
    Options
    Whoops my booty!

It really depends on you personally (age, weight etc). I personally only burn about 200 calories doing the 30 day shred. A HRM is really the only way to know for sure!

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification on that little issue. :)
  • MRudman
    Options
    Whoops my booty!

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification on that little issue. :)
  • SlimGem80
    SlimGem80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just wondered how yo are all getting on with the 30 day shred? have you kept it up every day so far? let me know what you think of it. Hope you all took measurements before you started. Good luck :happy:
  • k_b_fit
    k_b_fit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What is a 30 day shred? Sounds interesting.
    Dear sister, I have the 30 DS. I will show you. :)
  • 5grn9
    5grn9 Posts: 36
    Options
    Quick question, is that how you move up levels? stay 10 days on each level?? I just started it last night and OH MY GOD!!! are my legs sore today! But I made myself do it again tonight and hope I can keep up with it! Good luck everyone!
  • Yatashie
    Yatashie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I plan to start 30ds today, I have a banquet in just under 3 weeks and I want to kick my butt into gear with the fitness so I can look dead sexy in whatever dress I decide to buy :)