Military Spouse??

Options
Hey! My name is Sherry and I am a newly wed to a wonderful guy who is currently deployed. I was just wondering if there were any others on MFP? Maybe we can get a bit of a support group for fitness and surviving deployment?

We are almost 5 months down! It's amazing how strong we really are, it really has made us closer, although we have had our tiffs that were devastating, but we pushed through.

Feel free to share a post or message me anytime!

Replies

• KiWi2011
    KiWi2011 Posts: 34
    Options
    I am soon to be newly inducted (he's in boot camp). We'll be living apart for the rest of this calendar year so it's kind of hard for me but I'm not ready to quit my job until we get some other things taken care of.
  • ElizabethLachney
    Options
    I am also a military spouse ... although my husband is home for the time being, we have been through one deployment together. Good luck on your fitness journey.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Army wife here, but my husband is not currently deployed. I was thinking about posting to see how many military families we have on the site. Bless you and your family at this time, I know it is difficult. I will add you as a friend!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    military wife here too..we've gone through one deployment. we're lucky because its been the only one in the 8 1/2 yrs hes been in. good luck with the rest of yours!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Army wife. Husband got back from deployment August 2010... and leaves again March 2012... so we're squeezing our wedding in (finally) sometime between then!
  • karikelso
    Options
    Air Force wife, husband is currently deployed for a 365 day tour but we are down to 35 days left! Been through 15 deployments, i thought it would get easier as kids got older but boy was I wrong on that one!
  • InternSherry
    Options
    Planning is key for everything! I haven't left my job yet and so we did a back and forth thing and hour apart for the entire time we were dating a the few months before he deployed. If he is going to be away, it is good to keep your routine.
  • InternSherry
    Options
    Thanks! Thats amazing about having so little deployments.
  • InternSherry
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It was amazing to see how many of your responded and SO FAST! Glad to meet all of you. It is a hard job on both sides and glad to know there so many of you out there!

Keep in touch!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Married to a Handsome Sailor :)
    No deployments in his future ( we met on his last one)that we know of.
    Have been through a lot of deployments with my friends. Feel free to add me!
    Good luck on your journey!
  • meshell216
    meshell216 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a Coast Guard wife! Moving so much has really affected my weight (4 times in 9 years) and I am just tired of it!!