Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Yoga helps w/your balance.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Look up exercises that improve your core strength.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    balance is very related to general muscle strength - so like anything else you have to build up the muscles with exercise.
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    First off check with Doc it could stem to an Inner ear problem, secondly, I agree with previous post, Yoga. :smile:
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I'm not sure, but it's cute that you posted this and your profile pic looks like you are trying to catch your balance!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Yoga most definitely. Also single arm (or side) weights. Do a single leg press instead of a regular leg press so that you are building muscle equally in both legs instead of your dominant leg doing most of the work.
  • beautifulone2
    beautifulone2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yoga is great to keep your body in balance, but rule any medical issues out first.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Giggling that your picture makes you look like you are balancing ;)

I never used to think I had good balance, but with core strengthening and yoga, I've been impressed with my new abilities. I think leg strength made a difference too, I don't fatigue as easily.
  • MRudman
    MRudman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all these wonderful ideas! I will put them to good use. As for the pic., my kids told me to pose that way...lol