Water

Options
ok, so I just recently started drinking more water then I ever have before in my life.. not saying it's a bad thing.. but my question is... I drink 8oz water and keep refilling it through out the day.. but my question is.. with all the water I am drinking I don't go to the bathroom as much.. my husband says it was because I drank all the water I was dehydrated.. is that actually the reason? and will all this water help me loose weight?

Replies

• FruitLoop05317
    Options
    you may be retaining water due to too much salt, or he could be right and you could be dehydrated. at any rate, the water cleanses all of the impurities from you body, it also helps your skin, and it will help you to lose weight. just keep it up and dont get discouraged.
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    thanks.. I am just getting nervous.. cause I really hope this helps with Friday's weigh in
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Water doesn't actually help you lose weight. If your body has been retaining water it will get rid of the water it was hanging onto once it realizes you're drinking enough. But beyond that, it doesn't help with weight loss, it just keeps you healthy.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    In combination with what everyone else says and I think the poster above me stated it. Your body now is retaining it and once it gets what it needs and regulates everything your body will adjust and you will make frequent trips. This is what happened to me because I never used to drink water. Now its pretty much all I do drink.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Water doesn't actually help you lose weight. If your body has been retaining water it will get rid of the water it was hanging onto once it realizes you're drinking enough. But beyond that, it doesn't help with weight loss, it just keeps you healthy.

Oh Lord, the wrath of the water drinkers will rain down on you!

:-)

Oh, yes, I agree completely!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    In addition to the comments above, were you drinking something else instead of water before? If you were drinking lots of caffeine, that would explain it, as diuretics tend to expedite fluids (and nutrients) thru your system before getting a chance for absorption.